New PNE in AZ

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
biff0101

Re: New PNE in AZ

Post by biff0101 »

Update: I am still having sitting pain and I lay on the floor at home with ice packs. Sleeping is ok with gabapentin and a muscle relaxer. Walking is even becoming a task with inner thigh sensitivity from the rubbing of my pants and boxers..damn it! (I am even using a numbing agent but the pain even breaks through that) My base PCM is playing hardball not sending a faxed script even though I do have the authorization to do PT. The PT place is demanding the script, what a joke. I was also referred to a pain management place but United Healthcare gave me a doctor that does not work at the place any more so I had to have them change the referral again. Another 24 hours of delay. I swear I am going to put my fist through a wall, just saying..lol Sorry for the rant and vent but it seems every thing is working against me right now.

Jim
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Update: I finally got approval to go to physical therapy today and I am sitting a bit more but help with a numbing agent and ice. My inner thigh chaffing is slowly creeping back in also, oh what joy! This is after my derm told most of my problem was referred pain after it took 4 calls to finally get that shitty non-caring feedback from her.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

So, Jim, it sounds like the dermatologist is saying it's not a skin disease, eh? I don't know...I have a lot of inner thigh burning from the obturator internus being in spasm but no rash. I have heard of PN patients have redness in their area of pain though.

Glad you were able to get the PT referral. Hope it works out for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Update: I went to an integrated pain clinic today and my doctor is convinced that the pudendal nerve is my problem and he wants to do a set of bilateral nerve blocks as a diagnostic tool. The doctor is very experienced in doing nerve blocks and stated patients have been migrating to the clinic over the past 15 years with pudendal issues. He knew who the French surgeons were and knew of Hibner and my PT here in Tucson, Jocelyn Unger. He also gave me a break down of pudendal anatomy. My question is, should I get the nerve blocks? Any thoughts.

Thanks
Jim
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jim,

Do you know about how many blocks he has done and does he use image guidance? Did he tell you what medication he puts in the blocks and what the risks are? Is his medical license in good standing with the state medical board? These are a few questions you may want to consider when making your decision.

Whether to have nerve blocks is an individual decision. You can read my article in the January 2014 newsletter for more information on the risks/benefits of nerve blocks. Some people prefer to try PT first because it's considered a more conservative less invasive treatment.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Violet, thanks for the information in the news letter. It was very informative and I will use the laid out criteria and questions to ask my doctor. Right now I am leaning toward getting the blocks. 3 years has been long enough and I need to narrow this down and get some answers.

Regards
Jim
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

Hi Jim
My name is Lara and I had decompression surgery with Dr Hibner in Dec 2013. I had 3 bilateral blocks (pudendal) pre op and 2 blocks post op. I personally had very good relief from all of my blocks and don't regret getting them at all. I developed PNE 3 years ago after a Gynecology surgery, so yes I understand that 3 years is long enough! I hope you get relief. The procedure is pretty quick....... Wishing you best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Lara
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Lara, thanks for the words of encouragement. It seems things are trending in a positive direction.

Jim
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Update: Tricare approved my pudendsl nerve blocks and it looks like they will be done via fluoroscopy. They should go off without a hitch being I have nothing to lose ad I try and nail down what has been ailing me.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jim,

Hope you get some relief from the blocks. Wishing you the best,

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”