pudendal nerve?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mary123

pudendal nerve?

Post by mary123 »

Hi everybody,
The doctor made me a pudendal nerve electromiogram and she found that I have an increase of the latency of the somestesics evoked potentials of the internal pudendal and a delay in the pudendal-sacral reflexes bilaterally. The test shows only problems with the sensitive fibres but not at the motor level.
I went to a doctor that understands in pudendal nerve and he thinks that my problem is not about the nerve but about a contracture or pelvic floor myofacial syndrome. When he touched me in some parts of the pudendal nerve I had no pain at all.
Anybody with a symilar situation? Do you think that my problem can be the nerve? Can an electromiogram show false positives?
Now my main problem is sitting, I feel no pain sitting but an unconfortable pressure in the genital area and in the line that separates the belly from the pelvis. Sometimes I have tolerable burning.
mary123

Re: pudendal nerve?

Post by mary123 »

Hi!
Any thoughts about my problem? Does anybody have an electromiography with a result like mine? Thank you!
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Hi Mary,
Although I did not have the test you had from what your doctor said about pelvic floor myofacial syndrome an evaluatiion by a PN aware PT might be good. PT can help if there are muscle issues and also may be able to give hou more insight into what is going on. Check out the PT list off the homepage for someone near you.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mary, I agree with Janet that it makes sense to try a conservative treatment like pelvic floor myofascial release since you are getting conflicting information from different doctors. I know it my case the pudendal nerve was very painful to touch but I have heard of other people who said it was not. So, I can't say for sure but trying pelvic floor PT is generally considered a good place to start when you have pelvic pain.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”