PN(E) and exercise

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
hariskar

PN(E) and exercise

Post by hariskar »

I would like what exactly is the mechanism of worsening the symptoms when doing exercise eg running. Is it because of nerve stretching by pelvic muscles contractιοn? Is it because of vibrations?
Did you find any aerobic exercise except swimming and walking that does not aggravate?

Thank you
bjd

Re: PN(E) and exercise

Post by bjd »

That is a great question, which I have as well. It seems that swimming and walking are the only 2 aerobic exercises that I can do that don't aggravate my condition.
hariskar

Post by hariskar »

Great question, but no answer...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

The mechanism of injury may vary from person to person. For some people it is due to the nerve being compressed between the sacrotuberous and sacrospinous ligaments as described in Prof Robert's article. http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... Robert.pdf This can cause either a compression injury or a stretch injury if the nerve can't glide. I had enlarged, hardened sclerosed ligaments and the nerve was rubbing on them during exercise as well.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”