New PNE in AZ

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
biff0101

Re: New PNE in AZ

Post by biff0101 »

Hi all, update: I am getting my diagnostic nerve blocks this Friday and we will see where it goes from there. My sitting is still very limited and my ass is getting use to a lot of ice packs..lol. I went to the gym yesterday and walked the treadmill for half an hour. I survived but it will be awhile before I go back since I had to wear compression shorts to keep from chafing. It is basically a no win situation for me in that area. Also my feet and legs are taking a beating since I am standing a lot. I just lie on pillows when I get home and just relax.

Question: Can you have pudendal issues without loss of bathroom motor functions and no problems with sex?

thanks
Jim
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

I had PNE with minor if any bathroom motor issues (once in a great while I might have an accident). My pain is mostly anal and I haven't had sex because I am afraid it would be excruciating. The doctor and PT did said PT could get me in shape (well most of the work will be mine for 4 months or so) and sex could be pain free. Honestly not ready to try yet and can't until I get my pelvic alignment straightened out after a fall a few weeks ago.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Had my nerve blocks today and despite the injection discomfort, I am fine right now. The blocks have removed most of my saddle discomfort. Inner thighs are pinging a little. I will update more later.

Jim
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Good to hear and hope the relief lasts or it gives you info on what is wrong and can lead to treatment.
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

It is really hard to tell if I got total relief. Perenim is starting to return to normal. I just hope this helps and I am just going a flare up since my sitting pain only started 2 months ago.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Well it seems that nerve block had worked pretty well for 24 hours. It might be working off though, so let's see if things go good after this. Well after almost 3 years it seems I finally nailed this problem down. I guess this just a slow onset of the pudendal over that period of time. I didn't want it to be but now I know what the problem is. And three years is not to late to get this taken care of. Also let's if the steroids kick in after the nerve block. Any thoughts?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jim,

Well, it sounds like you could have your answer. If you are lucky, after the steroids kick in you will see even more improvement although don't be too discouraged if you end up with a flare-up from the steroids.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Update: Well it seems the day of reckoning is finally here. After some denial and wishing it was never the pudendal nerve that always my problem. It was just a slow progression over 3 years. I probably brought it on with my sitting, cross-fit class last year or my golfing in the 100 degree heat. At this point it does not matter I guess. I am either stuck on the couch or on the floor with pillows. I am off today but work is killing my feet and legs since I have to stand all day. Walking causes immediate perenium and groin swelling which is really nice to have..not. Gabapentin is not helping much but at least I can sleep some. PT is OK but driving there and back wiped out the gains because I am sitting which does me no good on the car. My nerve block was good buy I think it has flared me up. What fun it is right now. I think long term disability is in my future. Well I am moving from the couch to the floor and my elbow is killing me since I am writing this on my phone. Hope all is well with everybody. This just sucks..lol
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Jim,
Sorry you are on the PN journey with the rest of us, because you are right, it sucks. How much Gabapenten are you on? They say 1800 is needed for it to start working on the pain. If it does not help you can also try Lyrica. There is hope, I was going down hill rapidly before surgery and today I went on a boat ride (of course I took tramadol before and may take oxycodone tonight) and hoping to not be too bad off tomorrow. So far my legs hurt from the uphill climb from the dock to the house at the end. Hope you can rest today and feel a little better tomorrrow. Take care,
Janet
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Janet, I am doing 2700 which is barely doing anything.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”