Possible UTI aswell?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
clo236

Possible UTI aswell?

Post by clo236 »

I've been a member of this forum for over a year and was seeing improvement on my pain up until recently. Just a question; how are you meant to tell if you've got a UTI when you already have PN, as the symptoms are so similar?

My bladder symptoms were improving significantly since when I first injured the nerve..but for the past week or so ive had a constant feeling of needing to pee and alot more pain even though I know i've already been a short time ago. I'm not needing to go at night though. Its hard to tell if its burning when I pee as there's pain down there anyways. Is that just PN issues or a UTI also?

I can't even get to see a GP until at least 2 weeks away. Can a UTI make PN alot worse in the long term? I know if I went to the GP they'd say that nothing will make the PN worse except falling etc but they just don't really know enough about the Pudendal nerve.

Thanks

Chloexx
Violet M

Re: Possible UTI aswell?

Post by Violet M »

Chloe, you could call the doc's office and ask if a urine test can be ordered at the lab before seeing him. If you have any blood in your urine that would be one sign, or if it's cloudy/smelly.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”