Need help

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
stephanies

Re: Need help

Post by stephanies »

Hi Bill,

How do you know your pain is related to muscle spasms and not the nerve itself? I am still trying to figure this out for myself. I have a prescription for a low dose fentanyl patch but I have not tried it yet. Is this very effective in managing your pain or do you still get a lot of break through pain? I only get to see my pain doctor once every six months because she is so busy and I feel like I have questions about the patch that I didn't get answered at my last appointment so I will think about it after I talk to her again at the end of January. I would love to change doctors, I would even pay out of pocket to get to see someone more frequently, but it is hard to find someone who is willing to treat this "invisible pain" aggressively. I believe that you are also being helped by PT right? I am going to give PT another try with a different therapist.

Thanks,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
rechbill

Post by rechbill »

I have purchased a Curamove pemf unit. See curatron website for a great explanation of the technology. NIH has done successful clinical studies for reducing pain. Search " Medical pemf studies" for successful reduction of pelvic pain study.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for the info Bill. I would be interested to hear how this works for you and hope it helps.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”