Two months post op Dr. Hibner

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
CheshireLady

Two months post op Dr. Hibner

Post by CheshireLady »

It has been two months since surgery left side decompression with Dr. Hibner and Dr. Eswar in Phoenix. My burn pain of a 7 to 9 has been replaced with a tender soreness of 4 to 6---not a great improvement. Is this good progress? What can I expect?

History: After three years misdiagnosed, Dr. Weiss confirmed pudendal neuralgia with shots. After two years he referred me to Dr. Hibner who tried botox of the obturator, vein scleroscopy, and multiple shots with no success. So I went with the surgery. The nerve was entrapped as much as they have seen. The NIMS current took 25 miliamps to stimulate the nerve before decompression and only .5 miliamps after! I was released from the hospital the next evening, had post op in 4 days and flew home to San Jose on sixed day. I had a problem the first morning after surgery as they injected too much lidacaine into the catheter and I was paralyzed in the left foot---but got better with adjustment. I did have later problems with pain in my left heel. On the fifth day, I buried my pain pump in the bed clothing and walked away extracting the catheter! It needs better securing. But with extra Norco I made it. I am currently on Cymbalta, Methadone in small dosages and two Norco per day.

I start to drive tomorrow and start PT with Dr. Weiss next week. Prendegrast Hummer say they can not help because of Medicare. Any thoughts on Medicare?

Cheshire Lady

Ray P.

Re: Two months post op Dr. Hibner

Post by Ray P. »

Hi
Two months is too early to tell. I wish you the best.

ray
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hello Cheshire Lady,

My recovery from PNE surgery took many months. Nerves heal very slowly.

I don't know the answer to your question about Medicare but I can tell you I didn't try PT post~ op until almost a year after surgery because I was in too much pain to even think about it. Very slowly the pain started to subside and now I am doing very well. I wish you the best in your recovery.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Can you ask if he still takes male patients. The secretary on the phone said today that she was 90% sure he was not taking any male patients (age of tolerance my aching buttocks!).
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I do not think Dr. Hibner is taking male patients at this time. However, Dr. Conway and Dr. Marvel, to my knowledge, are continuing to see men. It seems you think you may need further surgery to decompress your nerve. Dr. Conway is very hesitant to do re-do surgeries. He recommendeds PRF and he has contacts/information about doctors working with neurostimulators for PN. I am also post-op Dr. Filler.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Any tips on how to convince Dr Conway to re-do the surgery? Dr Filler was so unsuccessful and took alot of money. I shouldn't have to pay forever for his scams! Phone consult with Dr Conway on January 8th.
Last edited by Charles555nc on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Charles,

I think that you should see Dr. Conway in person as he gives his own thorough pelvic exam and the EMG and together they may help clarify whether or not you could benefit from surgery. You can ask Dr. Conway why he does not like to do re-do surgeries when you speak to him in January. My guess is that he has not seen a lot of success with them, but I really do not know.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “SURGERY”