Anybody ever tried miofacial?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
LindseyD

Anybody ever tried miofacial?

Post by LindseyD »

Anybody ever tried myofacial? https://www.myofascialrelease.com/
janetm2

Re: Anybody ever tried miofacial?

Post by janetm2 »

Yes my PT has done myofacial (connective tissue) release around my core, low back, thighs, etc. She even taught my husband when I finally had to stop PT due to ins. This helped with SIJD and pelvic instability. Since it was hurting my hubby's back she now suggested I use the SKLZ Accuroller Massage stick on my thighs (front, back, and even the IT bands on the side). I restarted PT for a new case but I am nearing the end again so I need to keep things loose!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, I tried it before surgery but it flared things up too much. It was helpful after surgery.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I did; another thing tried with no results.

Ray
Aussie-m

Post by Aussie-m »

It depends on the PT if they are good or not , some only have basic skills , most of the time it is a lucky dip
LindseyD

Post by LindseyD »

How is it supposed to work and whats its purpose? Sounds like it doesnt help serious problems.
Aussie-m

Post by Aussie-m »

It is complex , it depends on the skill of the practioner , but what the treatment does , is releaseing the fascia , , it is the stuff that seperates the muscles , veins and nerves etc .if you google Myofascial trains,also Tom Myers, you can get some good info better than i can explain .Not sure if it can help serious problems again depends on the practioner and the problem.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”