Need help with disability claim, please.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
GregT

Need help with disability claim, please.

Post by GregT »

Hello everyone. Long time. I got a phone call from an old PN friend who is having a hard time with her disability claim with her employer. She lives near New York City and Philadelphia and she's asked me if I know of any care providers who can help to conclusively confirm that she does suffer from PN. She had surgery in France twice, once with Robert and once with Bautrant, and has since tried many other modalities to try and get pain relief. She's in her mid-50s and is having a hard time continuing to work.

Can anyone please take some time to think of names of health care providers who might be able to help shore up her diagnoses in order to help her with her disability claim. She's always been an ultra-private person and has never posted on any of the websites over the years. I've known her for approximately 12-13 years and I would really like to help her with this problem. I've just not been involved with who's who in the PN world for a while now.

Thanks to anyone for your help.

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
Violet M

Re: Need help with disability claim, please.

Post by Violet M »

Dr. Echenberg practices in Bethlehem, PA and NYC. Very kind doctor and I'm quite certain he would be willing to help her. My guess is she would have to see him for a diagnosis though. He's on the list of physicians that can be accessed from the homepage at pudendalhope.org.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Mod 15

Post by Mod 15 »

Greg, does she have a disability attorney? If so is this attorney asking for her to see someone to get her a better documented diagnosis in her medical record? If not, is she is trying to do this on her own? If she is trying to do this on her own she really needs to get a good disability attorney. PM me if she is doing this without an attorney and I will reach out to my disability attorney and see if he knows anyone in NYC he would recommend.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Maybe Dr. Andrew Goldstein at his NY office or Dr. Marvel in MD?
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Fyi Dr Marvel may not be willing to help unless he has changed in regard to disability or maybe it was just my case?. After my surgery in May 2011 and I was not returning to work after a month he said I should be evaluated for disability but he did not do that and referred me to a pain dr. Fortunately I got help through that group for Family Medical Leave Act to get Leave without pay to keep my job and other PT, drs, etc to get me better enough to work enough and hopefully retire next year. Good luck and if Dr Echenberg does paperwork like that he seems like a better choice from input others have said about him being kind, etc.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
GregT

Post by GregT »

Thank you everyone for the very informative posts. I'll pass them along to this woman and I'm sure they'll be of great help to her.

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
ARM204

Post by ARM204 »

I'm the one about whom Greg has written about. So grateful for all of your replies. I'll PM you if I have further questions. Thank you again for your kindness!

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”