Surgery

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
desperate

Re: Surgery

Post by desperate »

Ezer

Are you cured like your status says ?
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Yes, it took me a while. I posted on the success stories section if you are interested to read about it.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
desperate

Post by desperate »

Great. Glad to hear. I guess we have similar views then. All except the mind stuff lol. I get it though. The mind can amplify your pAin. I'm not saying it can't. Of course it does. I just don't believe in meditation. I believe in overall wellbeing. So focusing on the body while the mind as well is overall wellbeing. But one cannot get better just off of mind work.

Glad to hear your better though.
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I just don't believe in meditation...But one cannot get better just off of mind work.
How do you know? I did no meditation whatsoever.

You mention fascia constriction. But that is the eternal chicken and egg question. What came first? The pain or fascia constriction. If you consider pain as a disease maintained by your brain, of course the fascia will get constricted over spasming muscles.

Before dismissing mindbody work, check out the work of Dr. Candace Pert (John Hopkins, NIH -she discovered the opiate receptor in the brain in the 1970s) on the polyneuropeptides system of emotions encoding. You will realize that the mindbody connection is real and that chronic pain because of it is a reality.

Somatization and psycho-physiological chronic pain are a reality that is well covered by the scientific literature. It is however often dismissed by patients that find the idea insulting. There are at least 2 fora dedicated to it: TMSwiki and TMShelp.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
desperate

Post by desperate »

Fascia restrictions don't occur as a result of stress but rather imbalanced movement. Forsure the mind is huge when it comes to digestion problems for instance. Stress induces diarrhea and this increases inflammation in the surrounding tissues and pelvic floor. I agree mind is very important. But to use it as the same analogy as the chicken or the egg...not quite the same thing.

Fascia restrictions do not occur because of stress but rather loading Imbalances. The individual would never get a compression of a nerve if he didn't have imbalances and only high stress levels. There is a correlation between stress and pain but it isn't causation. Big difference.
desperate

Post by desperate »

In my opinion I believe this problem is 90 percent physical and 10 percent mental (meaning "mind" stuff). Mind is important for sure. But not nearly as important as a physical compression and fibrotic tissue. You can't argue that mind work can help someone that's compressed. It can relieve pain and reduce symptoms but it will do nothing without fixing the underlying cause. IMO obviously...
ezer

Post by ezer »

desperate, if the theory of fascia constriction was valid then anybody crippled in a wheelchair like Stephen Hawking would be in excruciating pain.

Regarding the mindbody, It is not mind stuff. It is mind and body. Our muscles spasm because they are controlled by our brains. Our muscles spasming affect the nerves. Please don't be so quick to dismiss.

Many scientists have published books on the subject: Dr. Candace Pert (Molecules of emotion), Dr. Robert Scaer (The body bears the burden), Dr.Peter Levine (Waking the tiger), Prof. Robert M. Sapolsky (Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers), Dr. Gabor Mate (when the body says no), Dr. John Sarno (The mindbody prescription).

Why don't you read my mindbody therapy thread and understand what it is about:
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =36&t=6352

You then practice your stretches and body work and report how well you are doing.
Last edited by ezer on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IHatePNE

Post by IHatePNE »

@ Violet

1)Go to the Wayback Machine Homepage

2) Type tipna.org in the search query and click the Browse History button

3) You will a calendar page with years displayed on the top and months and days below. Blue circles on a day indicate save points for the website. You can access the contents of the website at various points in it's history by navigating through the calendar.

4) You will find that on some "save points" much of the website is available while on others almost none of it will it is unfortunately not very consistent but you can try to find posts that you are looking for through trial and error and post links here is an example:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101201203 ... php?t=6784

Hope that helps.
desperate

Post by desperate »

Ezer,

You mention Steven Hawkings...people with ALS do experience pain though. So that also doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying the mind isn't responsible for pain. Of course it is. I'm just saying its not the causation. There isn't one tool to solve this condition but rather a combination of tools. Fixing the mind is another tool to solve this complex problem. I'm not denying the mind body approach. I actually think It's necessary.

I'm just saying you need to use all the tools to solve this. Fixing the physical problems, your digestion, your stress, emotions, your environment etc. I just think if we assigned values to all those, physical would be most important whereas the mind stuff is important just not as.

That's all I was saying.
ezer

Post by ezer »

people with ALS do experience pain though. So that also doesn't make sense.
No ALS does not give pain. There is no way Hawking could have come up with the theory of black hole radiation while suffering with debilitating PNE-like pain (like the PN pain that forced me to go on disability). It is not only Hawking. Think of all the people that have one leg shorter for example or that are overweight. They should have fascia constriction all over and therefore suffer from all kinds of pain.

I am a bit puzzled by your posts. A week ago you were apparently considering surgery and asking for statistics. Exactly 7 days later you have a new all-encompassing theory of why people have PNE and how to fix it.
"Fixing the mind is another tool to solve this complex problem"
I don't know what your problem is but my problem was quite simple at the end of the day. It does not mean that it was a quick-fix though.

Look, do your body work and come back to tell us truthfully how that is working for you.

edit: I am looking at your early posts to try to understand your history. It looks like you are not the one suffering but it is your fiance that is the patient. I am really confused now.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”