irritated nerve

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
laura101

irritated nerve

Post by laura101 »

If the pudendal nerve has been irritated (not damaged) can take months to go back to normal?
Violet M

Re: irritated nerve

Post by Violet M »

Yes, it could take months but it could take less time. It all depends on what is causing the irritation.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Sarajoy

Re: irritated nerve

Post by Sarajoy »

Hi Laura,
I haven't been on in quite a while because I have been feeling better. But I told myself that if I did start feeling better I would not forget to come back here to give some hope to people in pain--because I know how awful it is.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I got sick in February of 2014 after a protracted UTI and no one thought I had damaged my nerve...just irritated it. It took over a year, but I am now feeling better...I hope!!!! I'm still pretty nervous and anxious about it, as you can see. But on a day to day basis I am normal. I sit. No pain. No pain when I pee. No crazy "feelings" in my vagina when there should not be random feelings there. I am even having orgasms again without paying for them for days. I hope this lasts.

As to what helped...I am not really sure how much anything helped expect time, but I did physical therapy and I am on Elavil (which I hate and really want to get off of...but I am being very cautious). Actually, what helped me the most was valium, which the doctors are all afraid to prescribe. :( But it relaxed my pelvic floor. One thing I found was that because of all the pain, I had started unconsciously clenching those muscles all the time and that made everything worse. I had to really work on that, and then I really started feeling better.

I know a year sounds like a long time to some and maybe a short time to others who have been in pain for years...:( I hope your pain will resolve far before that. I really don't think that anyone who has not been through this can understand the kind of damage it creates to people's lives. But I guess you can recover from this...depending on the cause. I hope it is not just remission. My next goal is to get off the Elavil, but this has caused a lot of anxiety and I need to go slow.

I wish you all the best and good health!!!!

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”