KT Tape

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
desperate

KT Tape

Post by desperate »

Has anyone ever tried KT Tape (kinesio taping) any various muscles and see if it helps certain symptoms ?

I recently dislocated my AC joint and bought this stuff. Anyways I started thinking about biomechanical movement and all our tension. If we taped the muscles to elongate this may put the muscle on a tiny stretch. And in time throughout the day improve symptoms. Again, totally brainstorming. Maybe no validity to this but I'm willing to try to be honest.

Just wonder if anyone tried similar stuff.

-Dom
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.
desperate

Re: KT Tape

Post by desperate »

I guess the user "nyt" already posted about this back in 2012. Guess there is some validity to it. It helped her/him. I guess it would have to be consistent and used with chiro/osteo treatments to have an effect. But worth checking out guys.
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dom, my PT had me use it to try to stabilize the pelvis but I can't say that it really helped. Maybe I didn't use it long enough though.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
solarmom

Post by solarmom »

Hi Dom
I had a pt that tried that.After she realigned my pelvis she sent
me home taped up for a couple of days. I would advise having a
a pt do it. I can't say it made a huge improvement but it did make
me feel like i had some support for the glutes and piriformis,
which might have helped the obturator tightness...
If it hadn't been in such screaming spasm...
Stupid obturator.
coccyx.org mentions a therapist who used
tape to keep the coccyx in place after manipulation
desperate

Post by desperate »

Hey,

Ya I think I'll manage over a PT. I feel like I know more than a PT at some of this stuff anyway. I can manage. But ya it can definitely help put the muscle in a short stretch. In time possibly releasing the muscle completely. It totally makes sense to me.

Figuratively speaking it should work. But you'd need to be consistent with it. And this damn tape is rather Expensive. But another tool to use to get better.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”