PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST...

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
cholo

PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST...

Post by cholo »

Hello to everyone,

I am a Peruvian citicen.

As most of you I have pain when being sitted.

I have an entrapment of the pudendal nerve in the base of the penis and probably in Alcock canal.

Nextweek I will try shock wave therapy. I hope it can soften scar tisue or fibrosis I could have , increasing space in the canals and therefore feel a little better.

Another option I have is a nerve block. I would greatly appreciate if somebody can tell me who is THE BEST doctor to have a pudendal nerve block in the USA.

REGARDS TO ALL AND MAINTAIN POSITIVE THINKING!!!

cholo
nyt

Re: PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST...

Post by nyt »

If you go to the home page and look under the doctors that treat PN/PNE all of them should have radiologist that work with them that do the pudendal blocks for them. The one's I know of

1. There is a radiologist that works with Dr. Hibner and Dr. Castellanos in Phoenix, AZ who does all their pudendal nerve blocks. However, I cannot remember his name at the moment. You could call Hibner/Castellanos office and ask the name of the radiologist and how to contact the radiology apartment to make an appointment.
2. Dr. Westesson in Rochester, NY in the radiology department. Contact information for him is 585-275-8762. He has done about 6-7 pudendal blocks on me.
3. I do not know who is doing the pudendal nerve blocks for Dr. Conway in New Hampshire. You could call his office and ask which radiologist is doing their nerve blocks.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Spinner

Post by Spinner »

Just last month I had a image guided
Bilateral diagnostic/therapeutic PN
nervblock in Los Angeles. I was very
pleased with the doctor:
Juan Pablo Villablanca, UCLA Division
of Interventional Radiologie/
Tel: 310-267-6703
RJR

Post by RJR »

Dr Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins...he trained under Hollis Potter, knows the Pudendal nerve as well as anyone, and uses MRI guidance for whisker-close delivery to the suspect nerve regions. He is also a very nice man.

Best,
Bob
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”