Surgery Success Rate

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Karyn

Re: Surgery Success Rate

Post by Karyn »

Well said, Violet :)
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi All

I have been in pain for about last 5 years and just recently diagnosed with the chronicle pain of pudendal nerve in pelvic floor (PNE pudendal nerve entrapment).

I have tried one surgery in Vienna, but nothing has really improved.

I am now considering a surgery with Dr Beco / Belgium as I do not see any other possible solutions to my chronic pains and my life is a misery.

Do you have any experience with Dr Beco? His surgery success rates? Any other recommendations?

Many Thanks!

Dr. Jacques Beco is an obstetrician and gynecologist who performs pudendal nerve decompression surgery using the perineal approach under endoscopic control ("pudendoscopy"). After the opening of the Alcock's canal and mobilization of the perineal branch, Dr. Beco opens the clamp between the sacro-spinal and sacro-tuberous ligaments and cuts the sacro-spinal ligament with the wire loop of a rectoscope that uses high frequency electrical current. Transposition of the pudendal nerve or of its branches is the last step of the procedure. To see the video of the procedure click on : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXrRFo7ffYE

Dr. Beco’s contact information:

HC Clinique Sainte-Elisabeth
Rue du Naimeux
B-4802, Heusy
Belgium
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Nicola, I don't know many of Dr. Beco's patients but I think there have been several people who posted on the forum about him. You can do an advanced search to read all of the posts made about him on the forum. What other things have you considered besides surgery?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”