Publication Abstract - A Must Read!

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
Alan1646

Re: Publication Abstract - A Must Read!

Post by Alan1646 »

sage721 wrote: So, then I start thinking compression. I think that I must be putting pressure on a compressed nerve while sitting.?
Or could it be that sitting puts pressure on a nerve that is not compressed , but which is deprived of oxygen because of reduced blood flow to the nerve and so is more sensitive?
Have you tried alternate cold/hot baths as described by Violet?
I've found that a hot bath always at least temporarily stops pain . I'm not sure why changes in temperature would stop pain from a nerve that was compressed or damaged but I can understand why blood flow would be increased by external heat. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can explain.
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell
ezer

Post by ezer »

Sage, I think you sitting is a trigger the same way some member on this forum fell from a couch and claimed it started his PN. My fall was not exactly spectacular either.

You have to remember that TMS mimicks real tissue damage. I did 2 consecutive PNE surgeries because I thought I had a real PNE entrapment.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
sage721

Post by sage721 »

Ezer,

I could see what you are saying. Just a curious question. Both you and Dave(restorative exercises) had your last surgery with Dellon. It seems that Dellon is a very respected surgeon and his MD, PHD credentials are quite impressive. We all know that nerves take a long time to heal. Is it possible that both of you are better coincidentally around the same time since you had your surgeries with Dellon around the same time? I know you said you were terrible 2 years after surgery, however, I've read that nerve healing can take a real long time. Sorry, just wondering.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Dellon is adamant: nerves take 6 months maximum to heal. He told me that the surgery he performed on me failed. He is very direct.

He also admitted that he and his colleagues needed to significantly improve their diagnosis. We had an extended correspondence afterward.

BTW Dellon believes in the mind body connection (Again, part of our correspondence). He does see people that are affected by it as afflicted by some weakness that he tries to weed out from surgery by asking rude questions and observing their reactions. He has referred people to John Hopkins psychologists.

My pain would cycle on and off when I felt my emotions. Not some gradual improvement. I would feel a strong emotion and the pain would vanish for the rest of the day. It would then come back the next day. I would then do emotional work again etc. and then it disappeared for a long time back last October. Nothing that is remotely linked to recovering from surgery.

In addition, be it violet or RJR, surgery cures are not 100% healed. They admit to exercise limitations. You can believe me or not but I have no restriction. I sit as long as I want. I am flying to Israel for business in a few days. Then I am going to 5 different locations in Europe. That would have been absolutely unthinkable 3 years ago.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
FFSeth

Post by FFSeth »

Ezer, did you completely accept the tms diagnosis before you started to see improvement? How long did it take you to see improvement? Do you think the emotional work relaxed your obterator and released the nerve or do you think your mind just made the nerve stop firing? Or do u not care enough about what happened physically to put much thought into it?

Sage- there are a lot of things that can cause perineum pain. The rest of your symptoms don't seem to indicate a pudendal nerve issue even if you had a successful nerve block. Just a thought

Thanks
Seth
ezer

Post by ezer »

Seth, I never completely subscribed to Sarno's TMS distraction theory. Once I knew what to do, I simply did it. I was inspired by Monte Hueftle, Eckhart Tolle, Candace Pert etc. not particularly by Sarno. I find Sarno infantile.

I am not sure I completely embraced TMS as applying to me.

To this day I am not sure if it is the nerves firing or muscles contracting. It simply does not matter. The key is to never dwell on the pain and on physical problems. Forget PN. Forget PNE. Forget Sarno. It is irrelevant.

Remember, whenever you are distracted by the pain automatically attend to your emotions. Do it over and over. That is what matters.

It took me roughly a year to heal.
FFSeth

Post by FFSeth »

Thanks ezer, that gives me some perspective. I like how you said whenever you are distracted by pain tend to emotions. That is much different then whenever you have pain. It is much more practical. I have pain all day but don't get preoccupied with it very often.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Seth, many others have written about trapped emotions.
For example there is the Emotion Code by Dr. Nelson that you can look up on Amazon. He writes about chronic pain.
He has a technique to identify negative emotions by using the body's tendency to lean forward when hearing a truth and backward when hearing a false statement.

Try it on yourself. Stand. Say out loud "my name is Peter". Observe. Then say out loud "my name is Seth". Observe again. You can then pinpoint your negative emotions by asking yourself yes or no questions. Your subconscious will always respond to you truthfully via your body.

You can then ask age ranges, people involved, etc. You can only ask simple yes/no questions. Double negations for example are completely lost on your subconscious.

You will see that it often brings you to childhood events, things that on the surface were not such a big deal to you as an adult.
sage721

Post by sage721 »

Seth,

What got me on the PN journery is that I read the criteria for PN in the beginning which says pain relieved when sitting on toilet and pain not waking you up at night. I didn't have much pain in pirineum in the beginning. It has evolved to pain in that area and pain in buttocks and burning feet when I sit.

Ezer,

My pain is constant so therefore a constant distraction. I sit at work, so how do I ask myself how I'm doing emotionally all day long. I think that the mindbody thing has to click within oneself. See symptom relief to know that you are on the right path. Unlike yourself, most TMS individuals claim that relief came gradually. I think it is almost like magic getting the brain to unclick from its present state. I try feeling my emotions. Sitting with them. However, nothing happens in terms of pain relief. I wish there was an easier, clear cut way.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Sage, many would say that a pain that does not interfere with sleep is the hallmark of psychosomatic pain.
I understand that during the week you have to sit a lot. When the pain is very bad, it is impossible to work on emotions. What about the weekends? If your pain is moderate then I truly believe that you should be able to address emotions. Do you use pain medication?
Last edited by ezer on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”