How I caused my chronic pain... a sex toy in my rectum.

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Violet M

Re: How I caused my chronic pain... a sex toy in my rectum.

Post by Violet M »

Bluegrass28 wrote: For tip of penis pain, would this be any specific nerve? Just chronic prostatitis? I'm so confused as to why just the tip would continue to hurt from such a deeper internal injury. Referred pain I guess.... or just a messed up prostate.
According to this article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1351051/ the glans of the penis is innervated by the dorsal nerve of the penis which is a branch of the pudendal nerve. Scroll down to the section on somatic pathways. I can't tell you for sure what is causing your pain -- just giving you information on the anatomy.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

An entrapment of the pudendal nerve explains so many different pathologies. It all boils down to that nerve. Incredible. And only a handful of PN doctors in the world know about it.
Bluegrass28

Post by Bluegrass28 »

Thanks violet you've been very helpful. The mental part of it is very difficult for me. I think about the accident every single day and I get angry at myself for being so careless, etc. It was just the wrong motion in the wrong spot and it's caused me so much frustration. I have been drinking a lot more. Kinda takes my mind off of it and seems to relax the nerve. An orgasm tends to temporarily make it feel better for an hour or so. I'm interested to see where it all goes from here though. Thanks again to the responders of my post.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Bluegrass, many people have said drinking seems to help temporarily. But of course you can't be drinking all of the time or you will get yourself into a different kind of problem, eh?

I don't think you have to settle for living with pain the rest of your life. You do have lots of different options you can try but you probably already know that from reading this forum and the pudendalhope.org website.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
theman77

Post by theman77 »

Bluegrass28 wrote:Thanks violet you've been very helpful. The mental part of it is very difficult for me. I think about the accident every single day and I get angry at myself for being so careless, etc. It was just the wrong motion in the wrong spot and it's caused me so much frustration. I have been drinking a lot more. Kinda takes my mind off of it and seems to relax the nerve. An orgasm tends to temporarily make it feel better for an hour or so. I'm interested to see where it all goes from here though. Thanks again to the responders of my post.
Hello bluegrass,

How are you doing these days? Hope you've found relief from pain.
needhelpasap1

Post by needhelpasap1 »

Reopening this thread - I suffered from a similar injury and am wondering if you've recovered? What worked, what didn't?

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”