Swelling of Labia Minora

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
rainbowbutterfly

Swelling of Labia Minora

Post by rainbowbutterfly »

I'm 24 and I have had PNE for 2 years. First on the left, then the right, then it's been the left for a year. Yesterday I woke up with a very painful and swollen labia minora on the left only. I'm still waiting on swab results for infection and STI, and theories abound. My PT says she sees genital swelling a lot as a result of pelvic floor dysfunction, but she didn't want to do an internal exam today. I've never had this before. I did exercise on a new elliptical, but I don't know if that could cause this. Ibuprofen helped a little, but it's still big and tender. Is this CRPS? The pudendal nerve? A spasm restricting blood flow? I've asked about this in a women's forum and four women said they had this and didn't know why but it went away.
jesica1

Re: Swelling of Labia Minora

Post by jesica1 »

The Bartholin gland is a little organ on each of the vaginal lips just outside the opening to the vagina. If the vagina were the face of a clock, the Bartholin glands would be found at about 4 and 8 o'clock. Basically labia minora are so small that they are hidden. During sexual intercourse the Bartholin gland releases a fluid to help penis to inter into the vagina more easily. There are many reasons of blocking such as infection, long term irritation, inflammation, or poor circulation.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”