advice on arthog

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
solarmom

advice on arthog

Post by solarmom »

Hi
I have had PN for over a year now. Primarily rectal and sitting but extends forward if i try to sit too long. So far I have only had two injections but one was into my Left si joint. I had si pain for years before this so i am convinced it is related. I have also found the best pt for me is to lie on my stomach and have the pt releas the hamstrings near the sitbones then move into working the st ligament. based on the relief i have found with this my osteopath wants me to have an arthogram of the left hip.
if you have had this procedure please tell me if it was painful ( ie pn level) and whether it revealed problems that could be addressed. i also hesitate because the only time i had a reaction to contrast was during an mri a few years ago (red rash on my chest only) so i typically avoid contrast.

thank you and hang in there everyone!
stephanies

Re: advice on arthog

Post by stephanies »

I had two hip arthrograms both done about 8 years ago. The first was with contrast and the second was without, but I don't remember why the second was without or if it was able to show the same information. Did your doctor specifically recommend one with contrast? I found the injection of the contrast to be somewhat painful, but only for a short period of time. My images did not reveal any connection between the hip and pudendal pain. It is good that you are getting some relief from PT.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”