PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Nesssieee

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Post by Nesssieee »

Laurina wrote:Stress management is so very important to this type of disorder so one does not panic. I'm glad you have taken initial steps on your own, and they are easing your symptoms.

With Lyrica, the hardest side effect was daytime sleepiness. As I got used to a higher dose, it didn't bother me.

Anesthetizing gel I used was 5% xylocaine ointment which my doctor prescribed. Some pharmacies have an over-the counter product called EMLA which is very similar. It must be applied 5-7 times a day to have a cumulative effect.

Love your positive attitude!!!!

Yeah I believe if you can manage your brain you can manage your body and it's symptoms. Thank you. Your encouragement means a lot.

I was on diazepam (2ng) and amitriptyline (10mg) but that was purely to help me sleep in the first 3 days. I don't believe that had any effect on me other than making me very sleepy during the day. I've been able to sleep without them by using breathing techniques.

Things are looking up :)
Nesssieee

Post by Nesssieee »

Almost symptom free today!! Positive step for me today!! Massive hope for the future now! Definitely think it's hormonal and stress related.
Laurina

Post by Laurina »

That is very encouraging. Please keep us posted!
Leah

Post by Leah »

How the hell do i tell my doctor ?

I got ask so many embarrassing questions by my family doctor then he just told me it will go away and goes off.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Leah,

Can you get an appointment with a different doctor or consult with your OBGYN instead of your family doctor? You could ask for a referral to a pelvic physical therapist for an evaluation as well.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Leah

Post by Leah »

Nope!

Not alone that is, I'm not 18 yet so the only doctor i can visit myself is my family doctor. I'd have to tell my parents about it, but im not ready for that yet :{
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Leah, you could print out our newsletter and take it to your doctor. http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... ne2013.pdf

You are not alone when it comes to doctors not being very supportive. Mine told me to go to a psychiatrist.

Try to approach it as a medical condition, not as an embarrassing, sensational diagnosis when you talk to your doctor. If you prefer not to verbally list your symptoms, write out a succinct list and hand it to the doctor to read. That way you can think it through ahead of time and you won't stutter or stumble in trying to explain it. You can also tell them anything in your history you think may have contributed to this. Tell your doctor what treatments you would like to try to pursue. Seeing a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction might be a place to start so they can evaluate whether your pelvic floor is tense. With this disease, you have to be your own advocate. So, be brave and push ahead to get the treatment you need.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Leah

Post by Leah »

I've felt hopeless this entire day but this gave me a little hope, i guess i'll try it out another time. Thank you Violet! Are you also the author in that article you sent me? Its very detailed I think i might print it out and bring that.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Leah, yes, I am the author. I hope you will be able to get the treatment you need. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Nesssieee

Post by Nesssieee »

Update

Still got constant arousal but I don't think it PN related and more pelvic floor related. I feel like I'm constantly pushing down like I'm trying to urinate or defacate. Don't really know what to do next. I also have severe itching and tightness between my vagina and anus. Feeling very dry.

Had a few very good days but the today not so good. I'm just scared that it won't get better.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”