New male suffering from PN

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Abaddon

Re: New male suffering from PN

Post by Abaddon »

You take 50 mg Tramadol and You are pain free for all day? If that is truth, why You are thinking about operation? Tramadol is not the worst thing on the world.

And how is with Yours sex-life?

You know, that the operation is not piece of cake and after that, You might have to take more drugs then one Tramadol. I think this is the risky game only fir desperate players.
Abaddon

Post by Abaddon »

I must update my pudendal nerve block situation.

From last monday, each day I have about 2-3% improvment in pain. Today I have the best day in last 4-5 months. I have no idea how long I will be like this, but I hope at least few weeks.

I have also been today in my pain clinic and doctor said that we have to wait some time. If I will start to see worsening of symptoms, then he can give me next block. This is my decision.

It is of course milion kilometers from ok, but it is better. I am still in huge depression, because I am very afraid about future. I don't know how many and how often nerve blocks I can take and how they will work for me.

We will see.

I have also option in the middle of september to see neurochirurgeon, who is specialized in neurostimulators. Any male (also female) member have any experience in this field?

Best for all.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

There is a section of the forum you can read about experiences with neuromodulation. But I hope you won't have to go that route or the surgery route either. Glad to hear you are having a bit of an improvement in symptoms.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
tommy72

Post by tommy72 »

Hello Abaddon,

i'm unfortunately in a similar situation. Pain in glans after an injury about 1 year ago (see my thread "Pudendal neuralgia on dorsal nerve?".)

You have any new developments in your case and where exactly have they injected the blocks (unilateral/bilateral?) for you so it can work in penile area and is there numbness when using steroids?

And what is a PRF?

Sorry for so many questions but i'm new and very concerned about my situation and looking for treatment options.

Many Greetings
Tommy
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Tommy,

PRF is pulsed radio frequency ablation. I described it in my article at this link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... 202014.pdf

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
tommy72

Post by tommy72 »

Ok, thx Violet.

I found an article where they used it on dorsal nerve for PE but i don't know if it's for pain also.

Tommy
Last edited by tommy72 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Maybe an interventional radiologist could do it? I'm not sure how effective this procedure is though.

Violet
tommy72

Post by tommy72 »

I have contacted a writer of the article if this procedure is still performed.

Tommy
Last edited by tommy72 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommy72

Post by tommy72 »

PRF normally is performed at the nerve roots? When spoken about PRF here, is then meant a PRF at the nerve roots or directly at the pudendus nerves?

The direct PRF to the dorsale penile nerves is still performed in Turkey but i don't know if it's serious or helpful for pain.

Tommy
Last edited by tommy72 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

In Dr. Zhou's description in our newsletter http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... 202014.pdf
PRF can be done directly to the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine -- to the pudendal nerve itself.

I don't know where would be the best place to have it in your case.

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”