days of pain

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
laura101

days of pain

Post by laura101 »

For those who have problems with the pudendal nerve: is it normal to be pain free for days or even weeks and then suddenly the pain appears again, sometimes due to an identifiable trigger, sometimes without it? And then you are in pain for some days and then the pain disappears again...I am in this situation and I follow no treatment.
April

Re: days of pain

Post by April »

Laura101,

That matches my experience, although I would not say I am ever completely without pain unless I am still in bed after a good night of sleep (I have no pain at that point in the day). In fact, I've been so puzzled by the ups and downs that about 6 weeks ago I started a huge spreadsheet where each day I track my pain level and everything that day that could imaginably affect it. I have about 25 variables at this point, some are dummy coded (0-1) (e.g., went swimming or not) and others are ranked if the variable ranges (proportion of day sitting). I record my meds (I recently went off of amitriptyline and tracked that of course but also smaller things like ibuprofen and vitamins). One thing I learned is that there are surprisingly few patterns in the data (except for time of day affecting my pain level). So, yes, that matches my experience to some extent.

April

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”