Dr Michael Durtnall

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Isabellucy

Dr Michael Durtnall

Post by Isabellucy »

I had suffered with awful pelvic/ vulval pain since an episiotomy with my first child. After months of searching for help I was prescribed Amitryptyline for nerve pain which gave a lot of relief. When I found the courage to have another child I was again in terrible pain having torn badly. My pains were many and varied from burning, itching and aching to caught hair feeling. I couldn't sit and couldn't wear trousers or tight underwear. I managed to see a physiotherapist from Chicago called Rhonda Kotarinos. She concluded that the problems all stemmed from dense scar tissue around tear and episiotomy sites.
This had compressed the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve causing the pain. Years of tensing and the dense tissue had lead to very decreased blood supply to the whole area. The surrounding tissue including my buttocks and thighs had become very restricted and tight hence not being able to sit etc.
I was in a complete mess and at the end of my rope. She recommended intense physio in the form of sub cutaneous tissue massage and dry needling to the scar tissue. She was going back to Chicago though and I didn't know where to turn.
A friend recommended Dr Michael Durtnall a Chiropractor based in London. I went to see him and thank goodness I did!
He was amazingly knowledgable and very easy to talk to. Obviously these problems are embarrassing to discuss, especially with a man but he made me feel very at ease. He took X-Ray's in his office which was so convenient. He examined me and was able to find all the problems Rhonda had, which no one else had been able to do. He also found my coccyx to be misaligned and said this would contribute to the nerve and muscle problems. He was able to re-align it within two sessions and I could feel the difference. He massaged all the restricted tissue and I also went to Maria Elliot, a physio for further massage.My symptoms were improving greatly over a few weeks and I can't describe the relief!
What I feel did the most good is the dry needling which Michael was able to give expertly. He found the right point in my scars and I can't say it wasn't painful but within a few sessions the difference was amazing. Finally my scars felt normal and so did I!
I was able to sit and wear trousers and sex was no longer painful for the first time in 8 long years. I had to work hard myself, walking lots to increase blood flow and self massage. I know I wouldn't be better today though if not for Michael and I will be forever grateful to him for giving me my life back.
Don't give up hope if you are suffering. I started to believe I would never get better but it is possible with the right help.
I hope this is some help.
Beth.
bled

Re: Dr Michael Durtnall

Post by bled »

Could Violet and the other moderators look into this.
This is the 6th person that claims to have been cured by Dr. Durtnall in a very short period.
Isabellucy

Post by Isabellucy »

I find this post upsetting. Suggesting that I am lying and giving people false hope! I went through 8 years of hell where at times I didn't want to wake up in the morning. To see someone dismiss this as a lie makes me sad.
I would never give someone false hope after years of paying physios, acupuncturists, osteopath and consultants to mis diagnose me. I want to give hope as I am proof that you can overcome chronic pelvic pain.
Nowhere in my post do I say I had pudendal neuralgia. As I said I had problems with my posterior femoral cutaneous nerve.
If you need me to talk to you I would be happy to arrange that. I would also suggest contacting Rhonda Kotarinos by googling her.
bled

Post by bled »

I am not the only person questioning Dr. Durtnall. Alan1646 is also.

Here are the posters cured by Dr. Durtnall in the last 2 & 1/2 months:
Isabellucy reported being cured Nov 4 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in her very 1st post.
Isabel reported being cured Oct 19 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in her very 1st post.
Peter Griffin reported being cured Oct 9 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in his 1st and only post.
Christinvdm reported being cured Oct 8 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in her 1st and only post.
Nouranaf reported being cured Sep 29 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in her 1st and only post.
JasmineC reported being cured Aug 21 by “Dr Michael Durtnall” in her very 1st post.

It is statistically impossible for 6 people to register independently within 10 weeks to then describe in each case a similar 100% cure in their very 1st post emphatically promoting “Dr Michael Durtnall” even in the title.

I am reiterating my demand to Violet and the moderators to investigate this.
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Please stay calm. It will take the moderators, who are all volunteers with very busy schedules, some time to sort this out. In the meantime, this topic is locked.

Violet
mod3

Post by mod3 »

In response to Bled's questions regarding Dr. Durtnall, his license is current and in good standing in the UK. We checked his license before listing his name on the website. You can look it up yourself at this link: https://www.gcc-uk.org/

The Moderators of HOPE

Return to “UK & IRELAND”