Surgery w conway in 3 weeks, can anyone answer some preop ?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: Surgery w conway in 3 weeks, can anyone answer some preo

Post by Violet M »

Good news, Joe. ;) Stay strong. You will get through this OK. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

Surgery is done and im still alive lol

Conway said i wss trapped in the alcocks canal and st the sacrospinous. I guess my nerve was growing right through the ligament, it was just genetics he said. My tunnel was extremely narrow as well.

Sitting in the hospital totally pain free thanks to the epidural, which was a piece of cake btw.

Scared of the pain when the epi comes out, but im so happy i finally have an answervto ky problem makes ut all worth it.

Conwaybsaid he is pretty certain i will either be cured or significantly better.

Thanks everyone for always bein there and listening
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Joe,
So very glad to hear your relief. Keep us posted and truly hope this makes you significantly better or better yet cured!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep us posted on your progress.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
April

Post by April »

Wonderful news!! Yes, do keep us posted.

April
Patty

Post by Patty »

OMG Joe I am so excited for you. May it be long lasting!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Great news, Joe! Cheering you on from behind the scenes and wishing you all the best in your recovery!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

Hey Everyone,

Just made it home after my Transgluteal decompression with Dr. Conway. Just figured i would share my experience.
I was unilateral on the right side. When he opened me up he found out i had 3 problems with the nerve. The alcocks canal was way too narrow and causing pressure (emg had this correct), my nerve was growing through my sacrospinous, and there was fibrous tissue tethering it causing that weird pain whenever i bent over and stretched.

The procedure was incredibly easy for me. They placed the epidural in ( i was terrified of this but i couldn't feel anything at all)
Then they wheel you of to the pre op room and make you fall asleep without you even realizing it.

Woke up 4 hours later with a catheter in, with 0 pain thanks to the epidural.

After a few days of the epidural, they ween you off and switch you to an oral medication so that you can be sent home comfortably.
They make sure you can walk and pee before they let you leave as well.

I got to read my surgical report and before the surgery the latency was 6 milliseconds which is very high and delayed. After the surgery was done they took the levels again and my latency was now a 3.75 which according to Dr. Conway is totally normal and might even go down more when the nerve heals.
I am happy to have all this positive support from everyone, it really helped me. I am not gonna count my chickens before they hatch though, i am just gonna keep positive and hope this nightmare is over for me soon.

I am in a decent amount of pain since the epidural is out, but 3 days out and so far i have been able to handle it.

They gave me oxycodone for the pain and ibuprofen.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Glad to read you are now home. Sending positive thoughts your way for healing and pain relief.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that great detailed report of what happened to you. That's interesting that Dr. Conway is still following Dr. Bautrant's practice of doing the intra-operative latency reading. Mine was 20 before and 6 after -- and look how well I am doing. I hope that is a good sign for you that your reading is almost normal now! :D

Take it easy and don't hesitate to take pain meds when you really need them. It takes a lot of time and patience to recover from PN surgery. Wishing you all the best :!:

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”