Abdominal pain after bowel movment?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Bob123

Abdominal pain after bowel movment?

Post by Bob123 »

Hi,

I wanted to start a separate thread there about bowel pain, but I don't want to get the two threads mixed up. Anyone had abdo pain after bowel movement?

Regards
Last edited by Bob123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
janetm2

Re: Abdominal pain after bowel movment?

Post by janetm2 »

Sorry I cannot be more definitive but not sure if I had that combination. I certainly had each issue but my system has changed over time and each is much less often. I think the addition of probiotics helped the abdo pain and stool softeners and linzess and miralax made bowel movements less strenous, thus less painful. Also just realized I am lactose intolorant and taking lactase to counteract that. Of course my family has gall bladder issues so I always wonder if that may come into play. Guess there are many causes and affects.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

WHAT WORKS FOR ME IS TO MAKE MY BM SOFTER, SO I USE SENNA AND GROUND FLAX SEEDS.
YOU MIGHT HAVE TO EXPERIMENT AROUND TO SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
Bob123

Post by Bob123 »

Hi,

Thanks guys.

However, in my case, the stools were quite often very soft. No constipation, generally, and if there was it didn't make any difference to the abdo pain issue.
Last edited by Bob123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Bob,

Over the years of moderating the PNE forums I have heard numerous people complain of symptoms of IBS or being diagnosed with IBS. I don't know for sure if there is any relation to PN though.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
greentree

Post by greentree »

In which part of the abdomen you had pain? Was it constant, burning, associated with the abdominal distension?
Bob123

Post by Bob123 »

greentree wrote:In which part of the abdomen you had pain? Was it constant, burning, associated with the abdominal distension?
No greentree, It is just deep pain.
Last edited by Bob123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
greentree

Post by greentree »

Bob, what would you say is more correct:
-- Your main problem is severe and prolonged fatigue after bowel movement rather than pain.
-- Or do you think the pain makes you tired?

Is this still an issue?

One cause of pain that goes from the belly button down to bladder is urachal cyst, which is shortly described here:
http://www.ehealthstar.com/belly-button-pain.php
This would occur during the bowel movement not 20 minutes afterwards, though.

Like you said one doctor mentioned, it could be something with the vagus nerve or with the sympathetic nervous system, which are both parts of autonomic nervous system. Autonomic nervous system controls bowel motility (and tension, so it could be involved in a prolonged cramp...) and constriction/dilation of the arteries and hence blood pressure. A drop of blood pressure can cause faint and tiring feeling.

Pudendal nerve carries sympathetic fibers...
Bob123

Post by Bob123 »

greentree wrote:Bob, what would you say is more correct:
-- Your main problem is severe and prolonged fatigue after bowel movement rather than pain.
-- Or do you think the pain makes you tired?
Is this still an issue?
Hi greentree,

Main issue was the pain which would have me heading to the bed. So fatigue, yes that too.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”