keeping medication down

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
gcman

keeping medication down

Post by gcman »

A common initial side effect of the medications we all take is nausea. I have just been put on Cymbulta and told to expect 3/4 days of nausea to ride out. On speaking to a family friend who was diagnosed with Parkinsons at a young age she was told her meds would make her ill for a few weeks at the start and they sure did including often throwing up after meals. She got 'thru it and is fine now. It got me wondering if bringing up food could include the medication you have taken thus eliminating or reducing the therapeutic effect of that dose. Unpleasant question I know but has anyone any knowedge on how long your meds should stay down to be effective, especially for capsules which need the coating to dissolve first. I imagine this could be a big issue with geriatric patients in nursing homes.
Violet M

Re: keeping medication down

Post by Violet M »

That would be a good question for the pharmacist. They should be able to tell you.

You could try some ginger tea or peppermint tea for the nausea.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”