PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
whatislife

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Post by whatislife »

Hi Clo,

This started for me early november of last year. Its not pain its just hypersensitivity and constant arousal, its hard to get anything done without meds. As for coping, I tried ice it works a bit but meds like cipralex seem to be the only thing helping me with it.

Best
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi guys,

If the cipralex is working then stick with it you could always ask to be put on a low dose of pregabalin/ gabapentin.

Something that crossed my mind, whenever I have to put shoes or socks on I tend to sit on my bed or sofa for a few seconds max about 20-30 during the day. Pregabalin tends to make me dizzy so I would sit just incase I would fall but i wouldn't tend to use a cushion because its a short time. Now I'm worrying Ive been damaging the nerve this whole time?

Thanks,

Chlo xxx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Chlo, if you aren't having pain or increased symptoms while sitting I wouldn't worry. I think it's if it causes pain or increased symptoms that you would want to avoid sitting.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi violet, I'm starting to worry now. This morning I tried to get out of bed but was feeling really dizzy so I sat at the end for about 10 seconds but at times I would have an increase in pain and I've been putting on my socks and doing all that stuff for the past 2 years now without a cushion if it was less than a minute now I'm panicking I've mAde it all worse xxxx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, you have to sit sometimes and personally for me, a cushion didn't really help much. Typically you are just naturally going to avoid sitting if it hurts anyway. If it doesn't hurt enough to make you naturally want to stop sitting I wouldn't worry about it. No need to panic, Chlo. It may be just as important to avoid worrying as it is to avoid sitting.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi Violet,

You're probably right about the worrying I'm going to try and download the mindfulness of Itunes.

I was saying to my physio about the bad bladder spasms I have before i need to pee and she was saying about clench and release my pelvic floor to try and help me go when I'm on the toilet so today I had another bladder spasm and clenched and released when I was actually having the spasm which probably wasn't the right thing to do? Would that irritate the nerve?

I'm so impatient I'm on 3 weeks now gone up to 500mg of pregabalin and Ive had low levels of pgad since 5pm onwards, it maybe doesn't feel as bad as what I was like on gaba on the 2nd day cause I felt like I was going to have an orgasm but its still annoying me when I'm trying to get work done.

Thanks,

Chlo
xxx
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Anyone got any tips for flying with PGAD, I don't know how to take my focus away from it.

I'm flying tomorrow one a small plane with propellors on my own I don't know what to do and it constantly vibrates I'm terrified Id have an orgasm or something. I don't have any suppositories only lidocaine gel. It would probably look a bit weird if I was standing on my own for just 45 minutes journey

Thanks,
Chlo xx
padmadeva87

Post by padmadeva87 »

Hi, I'm a 29 years old guy, suffering from this syndrome since 3 years ago. I live in Argentina.
I have a question: Did anyone who has tried citalopram, had noticed a withdrawal after quitting of it? I have taken it before because I used to have panic attacks related with the PGAD but didn't notice if it helped reducing the genital sensation at that moment because I was more focused on getting relief from panic.
I'd wanna try again this drug, because I've read here and in other forum it has helped some people to get relief of the arousal. But I don't wanna live all my life medicated, I'd like to leave it someday.
Panic has gone for the moment since a year at least. I had some episodes like symptoms previous to an attack but then they gone away, so I'm quite with that.
Well, if you know of another men having these problems that could cope or solve it, let me know. I didn't try doctors except for my therapist because I thought it was only psychological. But now I'm gonna try for an urologist and see what a physician can help me out with.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry you are suffering from this disease. For me, the PGAD was caused by a nerve entrapment but of course it made me very anxious too. The doctors thought it was psychological but it was not.

I used escitalopram, a related drug, which took away about 75% of the symptoms of PGAD but did not take away pain. When I got well and quit taking it I weaned off of it over the course of a year by taking 1/8 less pill per week. Maybe that was overkill but some people say they developed PGAD by going off of SSRI's too quickly and I didn't want that to happen!

I don't know if they have pelvic floor physical therapists who treat pudendal neuralgia or pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD) in your country but maybe you can ask your urologist for a referral to try it or at least to be evaluated for PFD.

Violet
Quickly555

Post by Quickly555 »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my bad English. I was looking for some cure when I found this forum.

I started having this recently and it is very annoying. It's somewhat painful rather psychologically, I can't stand it. I don't have orgasms thank God but I'm constantly aroused, I feel very unpleasant. I didn't try nothing, I don't take any medicine and I think this is psychological, mental problem. I wanted to find something about it but I can't, there are few researches. Basically they all focus on treatment with drugs, hormones..I don't like it. I wonder if someone here have something to say to me, I need help. I would myself make a research but I need people, probably we all have some similarities in our stories. Something happened when it started. I am not embarrassed to talk about it, this is a problem and it needs to be solved. If somebody would like to talk about it send me private message, please.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”