A different view of "PGAD"

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Cj0307

Re: A different view of "PGAD"

Post by Cj0307 »

Thank you Violet. I have had bladder issues which seem to be under control now. I just have read stories of women who one day just woke up with this and it scared me. A couple woman had sites bladder and menopause as possible causes.
Cj0307

Post by Cj0307 »

Also, I had read some accounts of people finding little or no relief and just wondered how acurate these were or if it is just a scare tactic to try new "cures."
shanny63

Post by shanny63 »

I went to bed one night and woke up with pgad..it has ruined my life.. :cry:
Cj0307

Post by Cj0307 »

I'm so sorry to hear that. May I ask what other symptoms you have had and what you believe caused it?
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Shanny63, just curious. Was there anything else going on in your life at the onset of your symptoms? Something like massive stress shortly before or during the period your symptoms started?
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Cj0307 wrote:Also, I had read some accounts of people finding little or no relief and just wondered how acurate these were or if it is just a scare tactic to try new "cures."
If you are reading scholarly articles found in medical journals I don't think they are using scare tactics. But if you are talking about you-tube accounts or even mainstream media accounts, I think some of it is presented in a very sensational way and isn't very well researched medically. There are many treatment options but you won't necessarily hear about all of them via the media.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Cj0307

Post by Cj0307 »

IT seems the hopelessness that some people have is what worries me. As Shanny63 posted, it has ruined her life.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Shanny, last time you posted you had just had some nerve blocks I think. Have you tried anything else since then? What about physical therapy or manual therapy to treat the SI joint dysfunction?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Cj0307 wrote:IT seems the hopelessness that some people have is what worries me. As Shanny63 posted, it has ruined her life.
Are you suffering from PGAD or are you just worried it may happen to you?

I want to warn you, if your problem is somatization and you worry about a particular problem, it will eventually happen to you. You need to stop worrying about what can possibly happen.

Dr Dellon did unilateral surgery on me. Shortly after surgery, Dr Dellon told me that sooner or later I would be suffering from the other side that had not been decompressed. I started worrying about it. A month later I started to have sharp pain on the other side. That is typical self-fulfilling prophecy...
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
Susanjane

Post by Susanjane »

Yes, this can even happen to doctors.

Gerald G Jampolsky MD, born 1925, wrote:

"When I was in medical school, a surprising percentage of the class came down with whatever disease was being discussed. It made no difference what the disease was; it could have been hepatitis, schizophrenia, or syphilis."

No doubt they rarely came down with the actual disease - only the symptoms.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”