A different view of "PGAD"

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Aristocat

Re: A different view of "PGAD"

Post by Aristocat »

I want to return briefly to my view that PGAD is a systemic problem of the whole body, perhaps a Kundalini release, for me certainly a psychosomatic problem.

Please,check briefly at this video of the Dutch PGAD page where you can also can find a lot of scientific articles. Scroll down the page, so you will find the scientific articles and then below some videos.

On the third video a woman talks about her PGAD problems. She talks about swollen genitals and at the same time about a swollen and tender breast.
Many people with PGAD talk about additional problems in other body areas. This all shall be initiated by the pudendal nerve? I'll never believe it. I'm sure it is initiated by neurotransmitters and most of all emotions.

www.psas.nl/en/bronnen.asp

I have often read a German psychologist who has written a blog and wrote again and again: "garbage in, garbage out"; I know, not very nice expressed but he wanted to warn. Each minimal emotion, every millisecond fast idea is stored in the brain by our nervous system. We program and suggest ourselves. Moreover the suggestions from our environment (watching TV is one of the greatest suggestion) also do their best or worst.
If we know this and accept it we are a small step further but I know this step is a large one.
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Absolutely Aristocat and it is not some new age strange ideas. It is well documented by hard science.

From the day we are born we store every emotion/event in the amygdala. It is stored in a non-verbal memory (called the implicit memory) therefore you cannot access it directly.

Those stored emotions are used to trigger the fight/flight response. In a split second, a new situation will be compared to what is in your implicit memory and a decision will be made: Steer your car away from danger or brake suddenly. You don't think about it. It is automatic based on what is encoded in your implicit memory or subconscious.

Many believe that chronic pain is a dysregulation due to badly processed emotions in a situation of stress or trauma.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Bears-Burden ... bert+scaer
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
Aristocat

Post by Aristocat »

nonsequitur, thank you very much for pointing to this book. I hope I will keep it in my hands in eight days. As I could see from the preview it gives a good overview of all parts of a trauma engaging into each other like a puzzle.

I have also ordered the book "The Trauma Spectrum - Hidden Wounds and Human Resiliency" from the same author. It seems this book says especially that not only terrible events such as war, abuse and torture install trauma in the brain, but also the circumstances we are born in and our life experiences we steer unconsciously.

I've read some books on trauma and Prof. Porges and his "Poly-Vagal-Theory" but these trauma books most of all have a view at the psychological and psychotherapeutic side.

The 5th of July I've made an appointment for the trauma clinic of my medical university of my town. My aim is to get an fMRI and perhaps a long-term EEG. I now know a lot about my situation, about trauma and its interaction with life. I'm sure the book in your link will give me even more points to argue in a good manner. Perhaps I can convince the therapists of doing more than "only" talking (talking can help very well in stress situations but it is no solution). I am so interested to know if this disorder, of course in form of its stress, can be seen in the brain. Moreover, this would be a small step to come closer to these types of disorders and the way to diagnose them and take distance from the pudendal nerve.
After the appointment I will report whether the therapists were so flexible to go other ways also in individual cases and not only in great studies.
Aristocat

Post by Aristocat »

In the meantime most of the readers will know that I stand up for the mind-body-syndrome. In my opinion RGS, PN, PNE, PGAS are all members of the same family, they only look a little bit different.

So I want to tell a short story that happened to me during the last weeks. It is a story of energies and the wonder of energies in our bodies.

On the 13.04.2016 my orthopaedist hat to set six injections under monitoring into my lower back. I felt such a pain in this part of my back that I couldn't walk, sit or lie and stand up again anymore. The doctor told me that he had to give me cortison and that it could be possible to get a “cortison face”, so he called this possible reaction of my body. Cortison is not my best friend but I had to walk and so I agreed. 27 hours later my “cortison face” appeared. Only the left side of my face developed a deep red colour and started burning worse than a sunburn and swelling. I went to bed and next morning my face was ok. My back is fine until today, the rest was done by acupuncture.
On the 19.06.2016 – over two months later – I was watching TV quite lately because I wanted to see a report about “Silicon Valley”, all was quiet. Suddenly a short dull pain raged through my belly. At once I thought: That is not your intestine; two seconds later the same short pain in my stomach (Solar Plexus in my opinion). Then an energy shot through my body that I stopped breathing. Then I noticed that something happened to my face because it started burning. That all happened during perhaps seven seconds. I looked at the mirror and there was it again, my good old “cortison face” but much more intense than two months before when my body really had to work with this medication. Not only the left side but the whole face showed a deep red colour, it burned in a terrible way and my mouth swell more and more. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh.
But then I came back on earth and decided that this was an energetic process. I know that energies imitate old things, and that energy is the connection between body and mind. This is the same way energies produce our pain as an imitating process of old traumas or not mastered experiences. It is interesting too that the imitating process is worse than the really experinced one before. It is not always one by one, that means it doesn't appears in the same clothes as in the case of my “cortison face”, and often it doesn't need two months but a lot of years. Then often it appears in this terrible pain we all know very well. For me it was very easy to recognize the connection between the happening and the repetition because both had the same expression and only a short time appearing in my life again. Our pain is a terrible imitation and sends us on the way to find the point of connection in our life.
Aristocat

Post by Aristocat »

Hello,

after two years I would like to give some more interesting information, which might help some of you to better understand what happened to them. I am mainly talking to people with PGAD, numb genital or anal area, orgasm problems and who have taken antidepressants at some point in their life.

It seems to become more and more clear that SSRIs cause "sexual dysfunction". Psychiatrists and the pharmaceutical industry have been trying for years to ignore and conceal this in America and Europe but the time seems ripe to look at a serious reality.

In my opinion it is impoprtant also to read the links in this articles and perhaps the comments too.

https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/06/ci ... pressants/

Aristocat
Aristocat

Post by Aristocat »

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”