Cryo

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
jaxi123

Cryo

Post by jaxi123 »

I wonder why none of these people post ?

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/New
jaxi123

Re: Cryo

Post by jaxi123 »

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/New-pr ... 78241.html
It's 95% report pain-free it's odd they don't report here
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

So far, 95% of the women he has treated have said that their pain is completely gone and 60% of them have not experienced any side-effects. (Source: Dr. J. David Prologo)
It is his own statistics. Maybe it is not as great as he said it is. What type of follow-up was there?
It seems like deja-vu. The same claims were made for Botox exactly 10 years ago.
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I agree, a study not written by the doctor himself would be preferable. I have read about and/or been in contact with a couple ladies who have had great success with cryo greatly diminishing their vulvar/perineum pain. I don't believe that with the current practices he is able to relieve rectal pain. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe the study said something to the effect of the cryo is done at Alcock's Canal and the sensory part of the rectal branch of the PN branches off prior to Alcocks. Hopefully, we will begin to hear from some patients as time goes on.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
nonsequitur

Post by nonsequitur »

Interesting stephanie.
Were you in contact with these patients for several months?
For how long was it effective according to them?
Will they repeat the procedure when the effect wears off?
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
S.Freud
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I wonder why Cryo works the first time for some but not the second time?
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I wonder why the 12 patients who had Cryo in Phoenix do not post? I was told 75% of them are pain free or to a level 3-4.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”