Why do I call myself blight?

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
blightcp

Why do I call myself blight?

Post by blightcp »

A couple of people have asked, why I called myself "blight"?

Well it's a two part story:

Way Way Way back in the 80s of computers there was a game called Wing Commander, I was in 5-6 grade at the time I had worked all summer painting for my grandmother and she bought me my first "real" computer not a hand me down but a brand new 286 with a color SVGA monitor and 4 megabytes of memory and a 40 megabyte hard, about 30 3.5" inch disks worth of space, or 10 of today's digital pictures. :ugeek:

My friends and i would compete for who got the best score and print out our scores for bragging rights we all had to have fighter pilots call-signs, and mine stuck even in school. 8-)

After high school I joined the Air Force, and once again I was playing flight simulators for bragging rights it stuck, and from there I have been using the same call-sign online ever since. It's been my online alter ego ever since. :mrgreen:
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Violet M

Re: Why do I call myself blight?

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for your service in the air force, Blight. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

As you cannot see people on here i find that i have the same made up 'picture' of someone pop into my head each time i read a post from them.

I wonder if anyone is how i envisage them ? Anyone else do the same ?

I wondered why 'Blight' too - it is a local surname around where i live - country area where a lot of potatoes used to be grown so that may be a name after the disease - i haven't dare ask as we are incomers ? Origins of names are interesting.

My name on here is my first large walking doll i had in the late 1950s - you moved her arms to make her legs walk along. I've still got her.
Rosemary x
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's cute, Rosemary. I don't think I still have any of my childhood dolls but I used to love them. My forum name is chosen for my favorite wildflower. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

So interesting, Rosemary, about your doll of the same name. I had a large walking doll in the mid 1950s and I called her Rosemary, too. Like you, I still have her! She has long blonde hair and blue eyes and is a nice sight in the grandchildren's playroom!
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Violet M wrote: My forum name is chosen for my favorite wildflower. ;)

Violet
Then you would love where i live in the UK Violet - it is a county called Devon which is known for it's wild violets.
Also a tourist part of the UK where the violet has been used to promote that industry for years with perfume and pottery etc.
I am lucky enough to live where you can walk out and see violets in the hedgerows early in the spring followed on by bluebells, campions, buttercups etc.

Just want Thank you for this forum Violet - it has helped me so much.
sincerely
Rosemary X
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Awww...you're sweet, Rosemary. Would love to visit you in the spring someday.

Violet
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

HI Rosemary
Thats a great and creative choice for your screen name, your dolls name! Great idea.

It just occurred me to mw. if I chose my fav doll's name from childhood, it would be "Chatty Cathy", a doll from the 1960s.. When you pulled a little ring behind her neck she would speak! Very popular doll in the US, back in the day i
l loved her.
What a coincidence... same name as mine and I'm also chatty, as I've noted when re-reading some of my overly long post lately!
Will shorten my future posts, I promise!
Kathy
alangcreech

Post by alangcreech »

It is really interesting to read.
Simon94

Post by Simon94 »

Interesting and informative to read.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”