Nucynta ER

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
jaxi123

Nucynta ER

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone tried this medication?
Violet M

Re: Nucynta ER

Post by Violet M »

Haven't tried it myself but I have a friend who took it regularly for awhile because it gave significant relief.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mountainraine

Post by mountainraine »

Had a doctor that specializes in treating Pudendal Neuralgia recommend I try it. I currently take Lyrica 100mg x3 daily and Oxycodone 10mg 3x daily. After doing some online research I am hesitant to switch over to it for fear it will not help control my pain as well as what I am currently using.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I know one woman who used to use it successfully; but with drugs, you really have to try them before you know if they will work for you. I always saw opioids as a temporary solution and did not want to become dependent or tolerant of them so I avoided the extended release (ER) formulas. I toughed it out part of the day and tried to get by with natural remedies like heat and ice and took oxycodone at night. If oxycodone is working maybe it's safest to just stick with it but I could be wrong. I would hate to suggest you not try something that really might work for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pafen

Post by Pafen »

Just in the process of switching from targin to palexia 50mg which I believe is nucynta. I have been on targin for a few years now and doesn't seem to be working as good as it used to.
Allan.
Pafen

Post by Pafen »

Just an update..

It does work better for my pain than the targin. I have felt a little spacey on it, but have been told this could withdrawal from the targin as well.
Allan.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

It seems to be causing me spasms
Pafen

Post by Pafen »

What dosage are you taking?
Allan.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”