Practice Slowdown

Physiatrist - performs PNMLT
Violet M

Practice Slowdown

Post by Violet M »

We received the following message from Dr. Redmond which he said we could post on the forum:

"At age 62 my practice is slowing down and I have decided to discontinue new evaluations for pelvic pain. I can recommend Dr. Prologo in Atlanta as a local resource in the southeast. He is an interventional radiologist who can perform pudendal nerve diagnostic blocks and cryoablation treatment. Potential patients would need to Google his name and determine what he requires to be seen. It is an honor to continue to see the patients already scheduled or under my care, and I appreciate the confidence past patients have had to travel, sometimes great distances, to see us for testing and injections. For now, the successor in our practice does not treat pelvic pain. But I will remain as an email consultant (mdredmond@prodigy.net), realizing that I cannot ethically offer medical advice that would meet a standard of acceptable care. When I can, I will try to give realistic hope and direction."

Dr. Redmond was one of the pioneers in treating pudendal neuralgia in the United States and he has always been a great resource for pudendal neuralgia patients. I would like to say thank you to Dr. Redmond for all he has done for pudendal neuralgia patients over the years. He will continue to remain as an adviser to HOPE.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
toxicfreemom

Re: Practice Slowdown

Post by toxicfreemom »

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and I love all the support and information. I have been suffering for about a year and have gotten nowhere with treatment. My symptoms seem to be getting worse. Can anyone recommend resources in north Carolina or would Dr, Redmonds referral in Atlanta be the closest? Also seeking a physical therapist knowledgeable in this condition. Thank you
Violet M

Re: Practice Slowdown

Post by Violet M »

Unfortunately, Dr. Redmond is not taking new patients. There are several PT's in North Carolina on the HOPE website PT list. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/63#NC

If none of those are close enough to you, the ones on the list might know of someone else in the state who is closer to you so it might be worth it to give them a call.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “Dr Redmond -- South Carolina”