Estrogen

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
kat

Estrogen

Post by kat »

Please consider having your estrogen levels checked if you have pain with urination, trouble with dripping urine, vagina itching, dryness and / or pain with intercourse.

Estrogen makes that vaginal and urethra skin thick and healthy. If estrogen is low the skin thins and can cause burning with urination and dripping urine due to the urethra not being thick and plump and closing correctly.

Having a period DOES NOT prove that your estrogen levels are not low and estrogen cream can be used for some to cure these issues.

I could not get the burning with urination to stop until I used estrogen cream on my urethra and now it is fine. The skin isn't red and inflamed. I have estrogen according to the blood test, but it wasn't working.

I'm not sure if PN causes the skin in the vaginal area to become overly thin and dry due to ice, meds and itching that we all do to try to cope so I'm offering this as a suggestion to try for those of you that haven't thought of this yet.

Loves
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
kat

Re: Estrogen

Post by kat »

So I had my estrogen levels checked and they came back normal according to my OB. I don't know what normal is, but when I stop using the estrogen cream the burning comes back. Just want you all to know that I'm still using the estrogen 3 times a day and the burning when away again.

I don't know why if my estrogen is normal that using the estrogen cream takes the burning away.

Also, I am very wet by nature and apparently that doesn't matter either. My natural vagianal goo has no estrogen in it so it doesn't heal the vaginal opening and internal walls correctly like the estrogen cream does.

I don't understand this and am willing to listen to any ideas you all may have.

Loves to a burn free day and Christmas.
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
nyt

Post by nyt »

My gyn told me that just because you have normal blood estrogen levels esp. if on hormonal therapy doesn't mean that there is enough for the vaginal epithelium as we age becasue our ability to utilize estrogen might decrease. He puts all his surgical menopausal woman on estrogen patch and estrogen suppositories so the vaginal epithelium gets its own does of estrogen. Alot of postmenopausal women who don't want to use patches or oral medication can use the estrogen suppositories/cream to maintain the health of the vagina lining sot hey don't end up with pain with intercourse, painful urination, etc. His explanation to me might be incorrect but he said that is the current thought.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Missingmylife42

Post by Missingmylife42 »

My blood test came back normal but hmmm I only have my ovaries. How do j know if u have estrogen in your discharge. I get alot of ovulating discharge. But ooo so much burning. And itch. Can't insert nothing. Would a patch help. I don't think my doctor is going to give me anything cause my blood was normal. Do I demand it. Seems that's all I do is adovacate for me anyways. Scared to put any cream up there. Ihave no cervix :(
sgrandy

Post by sgrandy »

Interesting....my Mom experienced what felt like IC symptoms years ago and it turned out to be estrogen depeletion...she went on suppositories and her problem cleared up within a couple of days. I think I have an issue with vaginal estrogen...I tend to be dry and my skin can crack very easily...I don't, however, have any vaginal/vulvar burning. I have an appt to address the skin issue and I'm thinking some estrogen cream might help (here is hoping as sex isn't exactly comfortable when my skin splits!).

Missingmylife...it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor if you can try it. I doubt it would hurt you and may help.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”