Doctors in New England Area

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
John

Doctors in New England Area

Post by John »

Can anyone recommend doctor's or clinics in the New England area for treating Pudendal Neuralgia. I have had release surgery in Houston 5 years ago and have been maintaining, but now things are getting worse and my knees and legs are being affected. I have seen doctor Conway years ago and was treated for a while at St Joseph's pain management clinic. Anyone have any recent experiences in this area? Any info on the pelvic pain clinic at Brigham and Women's in Boston? Thanks.
Patty

Re: Doctors in New England Area

Post by Patty »

I was not impressed with the pain clinic and pain clinic doctor at B&W in Boston. She did not listen to my symptoms and gave me a ganglion impar block which did not work. Rather difficult to get an appointment also.
I hear good things about Dr Nagda who is in Boston not sure exactly where. She is a pain management physician and knows a lot about PN. I've never seen her but have heard good things.
John

Post by John »

Thanks Patty, I'll check her out.
I'm also considering going back to Dr Conway in NH, but not sure if anyone has had any success with him.
He had performed initial tests and blocks on me.
I read where some people have had surgery with him and are worse.
I am worse from surgery, but had Dr. Ansell perform it.
Patty

Post by Patty »

I would avoid surgery at all costs. I never went to Dr Conway because I would not have surgery for this. I have heard him speak on 2 occasions and he appears to be an expert in the field. You could also consider Liz Rummer who is a PT who is very experienced. She is in Waltham/Lexington I believe. But be ready to dole out a lot of $$$ as she does not take insurance.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”