Pudendal Neuralgia????

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Kam1975

Re: Pudendal Neuralgia????

Post by Kam1975 »

Thank you for all the info. I have been doing pelvic pain physio for about a year now. It has helped but once a week for a half hour isn't enough. Which wand are you using? Can you please share the details and if it's on Amazon, the link. I would like to order one but not sure which one to get. My wife can help me and I can ask my physio on how to use it.
Kam1975

Post by Kam1975 »

Hi Dennis,

Your words are encouraging. I am going to order the therawand from amazon. Assuming you can now sit on hard surfaces and have no groin pain. Are you taking any meds? How often do you do the internal work at home? Are you back to working out? I drive by gym almost daily and it's depressing looking back at the life I once had.
Joe house

Post by Joe house »

Hello Kam
I had many of the same issues you had and still do see my post for sever testicle pain to read my story. it sounds like you have pelvic floor dysfunction it can be caused by a few reasons but stress is a big one. Urologist blamed my on my prostrate and gave me antibiotics and flow max and other medications nothing helped. this was ten years ago and it went away by its self but came back worse when I hurt my back and Si joints. In three treatments of pelvic floor therapy I felt a difference but then had my progress set back by an unrelated issue by an infection but anyway research pelvic floor dysfunction and find yourself a good therapist who does internal therapy it will hurt I wont kid you but when your pain start going away you will do it. And pelvic floor dysfunction can affect your pudendal nerve and I found this therapy affective for this pain but you may also have to learn how to relax your pelvic floor. there are books and web site on the subject good luck I hope you find relief
Joe house

Post by Joe house »

Hello again I missed Dennis post to you before my last post but hope I can add from my experience
I also use a Thera wand and my finger which works better depending on where the trigger points are. you get more feed back from your figure because you can feel the pelvic floor muscle release. I worked my way up to doing every night but it depends on how sore you are if you want to do it. Me doing it was a substitute for the days of when I did not have a trained therapist do it. Its a very personal therapy they will work on your rectum, tail bone, perineum, scrotum, bulbospongiousus and pubic bone area. My therapist tested me using bio feed back to see if my pelvic floor was releasing. It was not releasing and I was very tight. Its very important that you relax while doing any of the therapy that why I feel it works better to have someone else do gets the best results. hint take deep breaths while doing. My therapist had me stop doing many physical exercise because they can work against what your trying to achieve. no squatting, lifting or core work I had to learn how to belly breath and relax my core. Do reverse kegels not kegels until you can release your pelvic floor. I went to three pelvic floor therapist before I found the one that could help with the pudendal pain I called around and interviewed the therapist told them what I was going through and found one with many years of experience. When I started she worked on me for up to 75 minutes hands on. that really important because some therapist want to talk and do 10 minutes of therapy wont get better doing that. sorry if this is to much info but so many men suffer from this. I used to get up to urinate 5 times a night and after two or three treatments I went to 0 to 1 a night and the killer pain in my left leg was almost gone. I cant say enough about this therapy. best wishes House
Melgator44

Post by Melgator44 »

Hi Dennis! How did you like Dr. Conway? I am from Florida and am thinking of making a trip to see him to get an actual diagnosis!

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”