Allodynia

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
esthome

Allodynia

Post by esthome »

Since childbirth 3 years ago, I've allodynia rectally and vaginally. Rectally it feels heavy and makes me aware of my rectum 24/7. Medication has helped to some degree but not by much. Anatomical problems have been fixed (prolapse) only to worsen my sensitivity. So I fear this is it, this is me now and it's awful. Can anyone offer any recommendations. I'm on pregablin 600mg and imipramine a low dose antidepressant. I've tried Cymbalta, amitriptyline and nortriptyline already. Thanks x
Violet M

Re: Allodynia

Post by Violet M »

I'm not sure what all you have tried besides the pelvic floor repair surgery and medication. Most people try some pelvic floor PT to see if that will help. Have you tried that yet?

Many of the treatment options for PN are listed at the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/11
A couple we haven't added there yet are mindbody therapy and cryoablation, which so far on this forum have mixed reviews.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”