Can TENS cure PN? What program should i use?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
PleaseHelp

Can TENS cure PN? What program should i use?

Post by PleaseHelp »

Hey forum members!

I recently began with electrotherapy at my pain doctor.
2 Days ago i realized that it is the same as TENS which i have at home, I just used the wrong programs so i didn't feel the TENS working.

Now i used it again with another program - but there are a few now:
- 3 programs for acute, neuropathic or chronic pain
- 1 program for muscle pain
- 3 programs for muscle tension

Which one should I use, just trying everything?
And is it possible that TENS can cure the Pudendal Nerve? Or does it just minimize the pain while I do it?

Because I think it help me, I realize it is doing something in that area.
Ray P.

Re: Can TENS cure PN? What program should i use?

Post by Ray P. »

Did not work for me but everybody is different.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

TENS unit did not help me before surgery but once the nerve had calmed down a bit after surgery, the TENS unit was great for getting the pelvic floor muscles to relax again.

What settings does your physical therapist recommend? If your pain is due to tight, tense muscles, the TENS unit could significantly help your pain. If the pain is due to an entrapped nerve, it doesn't seem as likely that it would help.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
veromom

Post by veromom »

Hi there! Where is Dr Bautrant located? Thank you! ☺️
chenonceau

Post by chenonceau »

veromom wrote:Hi there! Where is Dr Bautrant located? Thank you! ☺️
Hi Veromom. Dr Bautrant is in France (Aix-en-Provence).
Last edited by chenonceau on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18
Lelej

Post by Lelej »

I know it is a late reply, but it is for other people viewing the topic.
It was pretty much useless for me.
Gmatch

Post by Gmatch »

I keep reading about this doctor France. My daughter needs help. Is he the best one to diagnose and treat this condition ? We will do whatever it takes to restore her life. How do I contact him?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Contact info for Dr. Bautrant is at the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/57#FR

He is a brilliant surgeon and he saved my life but there have been people who went to him who he was not able to help. It is important to get the right diagnosis before deciding to travel to France for surgery and you can do the diagnostics here in the US. There are more PN surgeons in the US now than when I went to Dr. Bautrant 15 years ago.

If your daughter developed scar tissue as a result of her previous surgery, then surgery to remove scar tissue might not be the answer unless you can find a surgeon who you are confident can use a minimally invasive technique that won't cause a lot more scar tissue to form. Whoever you go to, you will want to ask about scar tissue formation.

If you decide to contact Dr. Bautrant, I think it would be smart to first have a 3T pelvic MRI using Dr. Potter's protocol, (or an MRN), and to try a pudendal nerve block for diagnostic purposes if her doctor thinks it is warranted.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”