Has anyone ever tried cryotherapy. Not Cryoablation.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Sophia1234

Has anyone ever tried cryotherapy. Not Cryoablation.

Post by Sophia1234 »

Hello fellow members,
I was curious if anyone has tried cryotherapy in a chamber. This is when they put you in a chamber and basically freeze your body to -240 degrees. It is supposed to help chronic pain as well as other things. It's done only for 3-4 minutes. But I will be honest with you it seems very scary to me. I have read the pros and cons on it. Yes, I have read the misfortunes that has happened with it as well. I also know it's not FDA approved. I was just curious if anyone has tried it or thought of trying it. Please let me know. Thank you Debra. God bless us.
PleaseHelp

Re: Has anyone ever tried cryotherapy. Not Cryoablation.

Post by PleaseHelp »

Hello Debra,

I read about it. From what I read I only found 1,2 articles about chronic pain, mostly it is used for other pain, illnesses. Mostly for acut pains.
And I read about -110 degress. They do it here in Vienna where I live.

If you try it please let us know how it went!

If you wanna go for other treatments - maybe stem cell injection would be a thing? I read a lot about it since someone postet it here and that sounds like an helpful treatment.

All the best.
Sophia1234

Post by Sophia1234 »

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am considering the stem cell treatment. I have a phone consultation actually set up tomorrow with a doctor who performs this procedure thanks to two friends of mine from another site. I've tried just about everything else for treatment and I mean everything except cryoablation and this. I'm just getting very frustrated. May I ask who left this reply. Thank you and God bless. Debbie
PleaseHelp

Post by PleaseHelp »

Hey Debbie,

I read your posts now.. 16 years and still have hope that something will work and still fighting for that after all that time - you are very strong minded - keep that up!
I am into this now 1 year and and mostly have less symptoms than most of the people here - but still fall into deep depression and suicidal thoughts once in a while..

Nice that you have helpful friends like that! Would love to hear how the phone call went : ) Can you tell me about it when it's done? Here or with a pm - it's up to you.

If I can help you with anything just leave me a message - also I recently got the book "headache in the pelvis" recommended by a guy from here - I'll get it on Saturday - maybe that could help you in some ways !

Wish you all the best
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

I have tried whole-body cryotherapy cca 1 year ago. Would not recommend it, I had pretty bad flare-up lastting 3-4 weeks...al the muscles in pelvis went in the spasms and the general feeling was very painful. This is not the way to go.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
Sophia1234

Post by Sophia1234 »

Thank you so much for your advice. I will not be going in the cryotherapy chamber. Thank you so much. Deb

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”