North Texas

Post information about your local support group here
JODDY

North Texas

Post by JODDY »

Are there any PNE support groups in the Dallas- Fort Worth area?
PainNthebutt02

Re: North Texas

Post by PainNthebutt02 »

I just found this site today. I live in Fort Worth and would love a local Dallas Fort Worth Pudendal nerve support group. i am a retired RN and would be happy to start a group.
By the way, this is my second go-around with pudendal pain. My first experience began in 2002 after my hysteretomy. After 4 years of excrutiating pain and a wild goose chase for answers, I found a doctor in Houston who injected my nerve and I was immediately pain free. Unfortunately, now, six years later, I am in tears again. This time, I have some good resources in our area.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hello PainintheButt and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you are back in pain again and hope you will be able to find treatments that help.

That would be awesome if you have a local support group in your area. Please let us know how your treatments go and if there are providers in the area who we should list on the website.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi PainNthebutt02,
Glad you have found HOPE now too. :D At least you know what did you good last time, here's hoping that the process can be repeated with good effect.
A local support group is a wonderful idea, especially to people who are new to a PN problem, we all know how tricky that can be.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi my name is Hannah I am in here do you know of any support groups
groups in the Longview/ Tyler area?
eveita1962

Post by eveita1962 »

Hi North Tx

I live in south Tx not far from you I have had PGAD for about 6 years now. I support other friends of mine and they support me. You are the first one I have heaed about from Tx. My name is Evette and I would to leand a ear anytime you need one.
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Im not from Dallas, but am traveling there next week to do an MRN at UT medical center, radiology department, with Dr Avneesh Chhabra.
http://profiles.utsouthwestern.edu/prof ... habra.html

Going to NY for a Potter MRN is to expensive for me, somebody in the forum reccomended me Dr Chhabra.He has a complete book and various articles on MR Neurography. The book is available on amazon btw...He told me he can scan all the nerves, and if there's some irritation or entrapment,he can find it.
I will do thisand also a regular MRI in the sitting position at an upright (standing) MRI facility. Hope to get some answers....
I will let you know how it goes....
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Bikelover, it's good to hear of another place to get the MRN. I would be interested to hear how it goes for you and hope this has some answers for you. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
bikelover

Post by bikelover »

Thanks Violet, I will sure share the results.
LauraBee

Post by LauraBee »

I'm new to this site, but have lived in the Dallas area for over 20 years. Did a local support group ever get launched? I'd be interested in joining - I've had pudental nerve issue for years, but only in the past year and a half has it gotten so bad that I can't sit for any period of time, even with a donut cushion. I saw Dr. Chaabra mentioned in this thread, and wanted to share my experience. I had an MRI and CT-guided injections about 9 months ago, and although I feel confident in the diagnostic value of the procedure, the relief was a very short-lived (about 24 hours). Dr. Chaabra offered RF ablation, but I'm not ready to do that. Yesterday I read Violet's interview with Dr. Barry Jarnigan (Franklin, TN), and called to get information. The person answering the phone said they are getting an overwhelming response and have a person coordinating logistics for people traveling to see Dr. Jarnigan for treatment. I'm waiting to hear back from the coordinator, but in the meantime am wondering if anyone knows of a doctor in the North Texas area who treats pudental neuralgia with stem cells?

Return to “Local Support Groups”