New Neurostimulator Option?

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
stephanies

New Neurostimulator Option?

Post by stephanies »

I believe that Dr. Peters in MIchigan is implanting electrodes through the perineum for neuromodulation of urinary problems/pudendal pain. I believe there may be a trial going on now as well. Can anyone clarify this or does anyone have any additional information about this procedure?

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Re: New Neurostimulator Option?

Post by Violet M »

Gwen posted about her experience with Dr. Peters. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 251#p42251

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
wannagetbetter

Post by wannagetbetter »

Stehanies - Did you ever find out more about what Dr. Peters is doing? I am also very interested in this!
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

No, I did not get any information. I would think you could find Dr. Peters' phone number or email on-line and contact him or his office to learn more.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
nancyhillchadwick

Post by nancyhillchadwick »

I highly recommend Dr. Marvel re: neurostimulator option. His contact info can be found under recommended doctors on this site for Maryland.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Nancy,

Did you go to Dr. Marvel? Just wondering if you are saying this from first hand experience and why you would recommend him.

Thanks,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”