Pregabalin long term

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Violet M

Re: Pregabalin long term

Post by Violet M »

I don't know if x-rays would show anything significant in your case. Typically many of the PN docs want you to have MRI's including lumbosacral, lumbosacral plexus, and pelvic MRI to check for anything obvious. If you are having hip pain then you might need to be checked for femoral acetabular impingement or labral tears. You can do a search on Lernica, Beverly, and Jax87's previous posts for more info on that topic. Go to the advanced search in the upper right corner of the forum.

Since your symptoms are somewhat positional and you have low back pain you definitely have to suspect some sort of mechanical issue going on. Hopefully the PT will be able to help you sort this out better.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Joelle7979

Post by Joelle7979 »

Hi Violet, I went to neurologist today. He hasn't heard of pgad, but said he is going to do some research on it. He ordered a MRI and emg. I won't have tests done till January. I have not went to PT yet, not sure if I should wait till after tests or not. The Lyrica is still helping the pgad. I do have some flares every once in awhile. Thanks again.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, that's good that the neurologist is going to do some research. My neurologist just told me to go see a pyschiatrist and actually wrote in my medical records for her staff to "tell patient that neurologists don't treat nerve problems." OK.......... :shock:
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Nora1986

Post by Nora1986 »

Hi!
How are you now?
Maybe you and your husband should think about IVF? My husband and I also had problems. I could not get pregnant for 5 years and all attempts were fruitless.
But we really wanted our child to have our genes, it is very important for me and my HB.
9 months ago we went to Kiev. We were very helped by the doctors from the clinic "Mother and Child". Here is their website: https://ivf-international.com/
There, with the law, everything is quite simple when it comes to foreigners.
Perhaps you should consult a doctor about this?
Good luck to you! :)

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”