So lost right now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Ernie Mccracken

So lost right now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Post by Ernie Mccracken »

Me: 35 y/o male, symptoms since 2012

Primary symptoms: urethral burning, urgency. "Golf ball" sensation in my rectum, frequent urge to defecate with little production. Stress and anxiety increased severity. Also pain on right ischial tuberosity when seated.

Injury history: partial tension tear on right upper hamstring, pain ever since. Had a testicular tumor removed.

Diagnosis: primarily chronic nonbacterial prostatitis. Did a full array of tests and everything came back normal. It's all in my head.

I just had a CT scan done and it showed an inflamed colon, though. Doctor thinks it indicates colitis, but what about my other pain and urinary symptoms?

I've done lots of pt, antidepressants, meditation, etc. I only seem to be getting worse. Where do I go from here?
Violet M

Re: So lost right now. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Post by Violet M »

Hi Ernie,

Well, it's not all in your head although that phrase means different things to different people. Some people are really interested in the mindbody connection and we've had plenty of discussions about that on this forum. But it's not unusual for patients with pelvic pain to be given the impression by their doctor that there isn't a good reason for their pain. I was told at one point to go see a psychiartist. That was before I had a proper diagnosis.

Not sure where you should go from here. I'm not sure what type of PT you had and what they checked for or what they found. The clinical exam and history can be really important in deciding on a diagnosis and treatment. For instance is your pelvic floor tight, is there tenderness along the course of the pudendal nerve when they press on it, do you have any SI joint dysfunction, pelvic misalignment, ligament strain, or history of heavy exercise that might have caused your upper hamstring tear?

Other things to consider are what types of treatments are you personally interested in trying. There are different approaches and options to try with chronic pelvic pain and some people are interested in pursuing treatment aggressively while others prefer a conservative approach. Also, how badly your life is affected may have some bearing on how aggressively you want to pursue treatment. But you do have a lot of options.

Violet
Last edited by Violet M on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

Not in your head Bro....lets start with that. I have same/similar symptom, mine were concurrent with L4-5 rupture and discectomy. Have you tried Lyrica and/or Cymbata ? Or something similar ?....BG
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

So whats up Ernie ? How are things going ?...............BG
Dana50

Post by Dana50 »

Yes, most of it is all to familiar!! Much from experience though my pains were different but I could not find help, my family doctor did his best but...no real help. I finally diagnosed myself through research and my gyn confirmed it. For three years, I could barely function and experienced things mentally that I had never experienced. MY story is in the welcome center Rheo & PN are in the title I know, if you would like to read it. And if I can help in anyway I certainly will be happy to do so.

God Bless!

Dana R

That is my real name I feel no need to hide what I have been through so it is really who I am! I know lots of people have their reasons for doing so and I wouldn't just post intimate on a public forum but in these private forums I just never thought to create a name that wasn't me.
Dana50

Post by Dana50 »

Oh I guess I should have added that I am have been pain free for over 6 months six months since my treatment and the mental health and the true me is beginning to return now as well!

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”