PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Violet M

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for that info, Coz. What kind of antibiotic are you taking and how long will you need to take it for?

I hope you will be cured soon. :)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Juliette1313

Post by Juliette1313 »

Hi Coz,

For how long have you had pgad? If you had it for years does that mean you had an infection for years? Is this even possible?
What is the name of the urologist and the name of the group? I didn't know there was another facebook group where women had pgad (other than the secret group called pgad support)

xxx juliette
coz69x

Post by coz69x »

Hi guys.

Yes I have had an infection since around June 2015, it's been hiding under a bio film, the prof is James Malone Lee & I owe my life to the man tbh I am so much better than I was. I've took nitro, cefalexin & oxy and I am a lot better with bladder symptoms and being able to have sex.. I have flares of pgad which is sad, but atleast it's not constant as it was before.

Xxx
coz69x

Post by coz69x »

The group I a secret group for those being treated for chronic uti, many women around 6 I've spoken too have reported pgad sensations completely gone after taking antibiotics for a chronic uti. Xx
coz69x

Post by coz69x »

Nesssieee

Post by Nesssieee »

Hey guys.

Just a quick update. Unfortunately my pgad has returned after being symptom free for 2 and a half years. I am hopeful though that I can control it again. My symptoms have been triggered by SSRIs but luckily I was only on them for a few days so could stop them immediately. My symptoms aren’t as bad as they were first time round so hopefully I can help myself again with the stretching exercises etc just a bit in shock right now that the symptoms have returned :(
Laurina

Post by Laurina »

Sorry to hear that your symptoms returned after being symptom-free for such a good stretch. It is always disappointing when this happens.
Hope things improve quickly!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I can only imagine what a shock it would be to have the symptoms return. Hopefully since you haven't been on the meds long you will be able to reverse the symptoms again. Wishing you success with getting rid of PGAD again!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AmberK2016

Post by AmberK2016 »

Hello everyone, I have been suffering with an "itch"/almost constant arousal feeling in my clitoris mainly for the past 3 months. I should say it comes and goes, but lately it has present for a couple of weeks. I have been to a good handful of doctors who tell me that I just have a small infection, but it has cleared up since then and my symptoms have not subsided, so I'm leaning towards thinking I have PGAD. I also have spondylolisthesis in my L5/S1, but my physician says that no nerves from that spinal region go down into my genital area. I recently saw a doctor who is familiar with the disorder, however they only have a limited amount of information on the disorder and can't guarantee any results. I am going to a pelvic floor PT who has had patients with this disorder, but I have to wait a month in order to see her because she's booked up until then. Is there anything I can do in the mean time, such as stretches that has helped anyone here or other remedies to help numb the sensation? I would really appreciate anything. I'm doing my best to hold out hope that this won't get worse and that someday I'll get better.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Amber,

Do you have any idea what might have triggered this for you? I can't say for sure about the stretching because if it's tight pelvic floor muscles, stretching might be helpful, but if you have a nerve entrapment it could make it worse. Maybe see what the PT recommends.

For temporary symptom relief you could try some extra-strength vagisil cream which is over-the-counter. You could also try Salon Pas patches which are over-the-counter. Ice can also be helpful.
There are oral medications that might help such as lyrica, tricyclic antidepressants, or SSRI antidepressants -- but you have to be careful when you take these medications and you decide to stop taking them. You have to wean off slowly so you don't shock your body too much.

Violet

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”