Six years down the line!

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
helenlegs 11

Re: Six years down the line!

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Manon I missed your post. . . . that sounds fantastic.
Not sure if it would benefit me because of the piriformis involvement but it gives everyone extra choice and of course highlights the fact that PN is a clinical entity.
Jane, Dr Filler is a neurosurgeon in California but he does hold a surgery every few months in Harley St for European patients. Only for a clinical diagnosis though, not for any treatment (which is a fortune) Dr F patented the MRN which he advertises on his http://www.nervemed site.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Jane

Re: Six years down the line!

Post by Jane »

Calling and Helenlegs - I have just re-read this post and wonder how you are both doing. I do so hope you are both fairly well?

I wasn’t too bad for a while but now have a recurrence of a bladder prolapse and a bowel prolapse as well which the Dr things is pulling on the PN, making a far bit of pain again. My uro-gyn doesn’t want to operate any more due to probable scar tissue and the possibility of making the PN worse! I feel between a rock and a hard place and don’t know where to turn right now.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”