Let the journey begin...

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mrn87

Re: Let the journey begin...

Post by mrn87 »

HI Guys,

I wanted to tell you my story with my pain is is very similar to Ryan's. Pain is generated by the sensory perineal branches of the Pudendal. I tried almost everything. Initially Dr. Dellon in Vegas last summer suggested me to resect the perienal branches of the Posterior Feral nerve. He did it on both sides with no success. I spent like 15k. He did not take enough time to revise me due to here is in Vegas and I am Houston. Also, his procedures are very expensive, and he requires you to pay first. NO good experience. He goes for your money!!!! Dellon cut 10 inches on each of mybuttocks, now those scars suffer pain when I have flare. Then, one month ago, I visited Dr. Attaman in Seattle. He did Pulsed Radiofrequency PRFA and Botox injection on the obturator. NO SUCESS at all. Now I feel more pain (Thank God I decided to do it only on my left). I read about Cryapablation is not apprach by Dr. Prologo. It seems resection is only my option since those branches are only sensorial are very close to the skin. Now I am trying to reach Doctors in Europe who perform laparoscopy approach which is less invasive in terms of living scar tissue across your buttocks.

Thanks. I will keep you posted.
mrn87

Post by mrn87 »

I just want to let you know that Dr. Dellon procedures are not accurate. I have already contacted two patients plus me with no success at all after surgery. One of them got penis reduction! also it is extremely expensive. One surgery on both sides cost $35,000. We wanted you to pay him first, the you deal with the insurance!!!!
April

Post by April »

Thanks for the updates, mrn. What a huge let down that neither procedure worked. I'm so sorry. Do keep us posted on your experiences in Europe.

April
ryan

Post by ryan »

Hi,

I am back after a few months and... I am able to say that for me the journey with PN has finished! Since 4 months I do not have any symptoms at all! My problem took 6 months to recover.

I am almost 100% sure that what helped me is physical therapy. I visited many therapist and what they usually said was: "it is impossible to do anything with that". Only one woman knew how to deal with such problems. She specializes in pelvic floor problems and she teached me how to relax pelvic floor muscles. I started to practice and felt that my muscle relax. Nerve recovered almost immediately - 3-4 days after I started relaxation exercises I felt better, after two weeks it recovered completely.

Now I am not taking any drugs and I am able to live normally. I still avoid bicycling and sitting on hard surfaces for a long time, but when I sit whole day at work or in car - nothing happens.

What I would like to said to everyone who reads this forum is that every case is different. For some people physical therapy will be not enough, but its worth trying before you decide about surgery.
lll

Post by lll »

Thank you for sharing! Sent you a message.
April

Post by April »

Thanks for the update, Ryan! It is good to hear that pt (and some lifestyle changes) can be so helpful!

April
Still fullofhope

Post by Still fullofhope »

What a happy ending for you Ryan! Bravo! You give us hope.
Yvonne
ryan

Post by ryan »

Things that worked for me:
- physical therapy with biofeedback - you should search for PT who specializes in: pelvic floor issues, urinary incontinence, post childbirth problems, etc.
- sleeping with roller under knees
- for irritation/pain applying soothing cream for babies
- avoid sitting on hard surfaces - I organized soft pouf to sit on during work time - I used this pouf for a few months, now I am back to normal chair
- taking hot baths
- avoid bicycling at all
- wear louse trousers
- take B vitamins.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

So awesome that PT worked for you, Ryan! Just be careful now. :)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”