Hello and help with weight loss

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Lucyinthesky

Hello and help with weight loss

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Hi

I am going to have a sacral nerve stimulator put in, but I understand that weight loss after surgery can affect the position of the implant. My problem is that I have chronic pain, am utterly fatigued and am busy working and running the house (with a massive thanks to my husband who does more than his fair share). I have had a full hysterectomy after endometriosis andenomyosis, fibroid, ovarian cysts etc so there is nothing left but athis trapped nerve which is ruining my life. Any suggestions on diet as I can just do short walks outside office hours.

Thanks in advance

Lucy
Violet M

Re: Hello and help with weight loss

Post by Violet M »

Hi Lucy,

On the subject of diet, I eat a lot of salad. My favorite is fresh fruit like apples, berries, pears, and oranges cut up and mixed with a bag of greens and some flax oil and olive oil. I have that almost every night. Sometimes I have some wild caught salmon with it or some black beans or other kinds of beans and legumes. I know I eat a pretty radical diet but I feel so much better when I do. For lunch I eat a large box of veggie stix and then something like brown rice and beans or quinoa casserole. I try to limit dessert to once a week and I try to limit bread to once a week. I don't cut out my favorite things entirely, I just don't eat them as often. So I still have something to look forward to that I like but most of the time I "eat to live" instead of "living to eat". :lol:

Good luck with the SCS. You might want to check out the posts on the forum about the DRG neurostimulator and compare the pros and cons between that and the SCS.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Thanks Violet. I appreciate the info! Take care. Lucy p
GlennMarss

Post by GlennMarss »

hello,
read your thread and I think if you easily want to lose weight then you start swimming
because swimming is the best way to lose weight and beneficial for your health as well.
Muscle Toning
Forces you to work on your breathing
Work out for longer with less stress on your body
Get flexible
Mental tranquility
Controlled LABZ
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Thanks for the advice. That’s exactly my plan. Thanks for getting back to me
Chocolatemom

Post by Chocolatemom »

Hi Lucy, I am going to post something pretty radical and different from everyone else but like everything I suggest you do your research (lol google) and make sure you're comfortable first. It's called Keto. It was first designed by doctors to hel children sufferi g from Epilepsy to stop having tremors. Later the diabetic community adopted it, and many with type II find they can stop their meds after being on it after several months. It's excellent for inflammatory conditions like Lupus, etc. To learn about it in detail there are a lot of Facebook groups. It's gotten a bad rap in the media b/c it's so dramatically different from our American diet- it's actually night fat- moderate prorein- low carb. Surprisi fly, not only did I lose weight my cholesterol went Down as did my no, and heart rate and this was after a year of no exercise! Again though- don't believe me- look it up, and make up your own mind.
:)

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”