Using high frequency neurostimulation & having success???

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
rainbowbutterfly

Using high frequency neurostimulation & having success???

Post by rainbowbutterfly »

I got the Algovita spinal stim in May 2017. I do not like using the stim when I can feel it. It causes spasticity and worsens pain. However before I got that SCS, I had trialed the Nevro in fall 2016 and it gave me relief, a surprising amount. I felt almost normal. It uses pulses at 10,000 HZ. And it was all the more amazing because there is no parathesia with that one. The pulses are so high frequency that they cannot be felt. I loved that one but my Dr advised me NOT to get it for PNE. He had another patient who got it for PNE, but it stopped working after 6 weeks and she was stuck with it.

I was told recently, maybe 4 months ago, by the Algovita rep and my surgeon that the Algovita is also capable of high frequency, just not 10,000 HZ, but rather 2,000 HZ. AND they told me very recent studies showed that the 2,000 HZ should be just as effective as the 10,000. I am trying it again to see if I can get good relief. So far not working.

Please share any similar opinions or experiences if you have them. Thank you.
Grammy

Re: Using high frequency neurostimulation & having success??

Post by Grammy »

You are never stuck with a stim as they can be removed!

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”