Anyone had to quit a job due to PN?

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
puffsplus

Anyone had to quit a job due to PN?

Post by puffsplus »

I'm strongly considering quitting my job (although my husband wants me to get myself fired instead to help build an SSI claim) due to PN issues. For many reasons I can't get comfortable seating there. I have a urologist's signoff on having PN such that I have a standing desk, but standing all day gives me back pain, so for part of the day I need to sit, and that's where I have trouble. I've tried a kneeling chair and now a split saddle stool but no luck. Also, the long commute, even with my PN cushion, is causing me issues too.

As a result, I'm having to take days off due to nerve pain, and I'm only 2 months into this job. I'm starting to think this is just not worth it. I'm just a contractor after all.
janetm2

Re: Anyone had to quit a job due to PN?

Post by janetm2 »

Although I did not quit my job I because I was a Government employee and was able to get leave with out pay to cover my time off I probably would have if a contractor. My last 6 years of work were 5-5.5 hours of work a day, sitting mostly in a wheelchair with Roho cushion and some standing (foot pain limited that). My bosses backed me up to stay as a full-time job and doctors filled out paperwork. I sympathize with you and sorry to hear you are at this crossroads.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Patty

Post by Patty »

I was working FT making good $$ when PN hit 5 years ago. I had to leave this job & reduce my hours and pay. I now work anywhere from 3-7 hours per day. The
shorter days allow me to rest which helps my pain. I'm making a fraction of what I used to make but its just not possible for me to go back to that schedule again.
I wish you luck in your decision. PN sucks.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

If you are thinking of applying for disability, SSDI, you don’t need to be fired to apply. You only need to prove that you are unable to work due to PN. Do you have a doctor who understands your condition and limitations who would be willing to support your claim? Good luck.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
chenonceau

Post by chenonceau »

I was living in the US and working full time. I had to quit my job and I ended up going back to my homeland.
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”