PFCN block in Baltimore

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
frigator

Re: PFCN block in Baltimore

Post by frigator »

I agree Violet....doesnt make sense to have surgery on the pfcn when the block didnt fully work. I have another order from Dr Dellon to get a block of the pudendal nerve as that is what Dr Fritz's team is recommending. I had never heard of this Rosson before but it sounds like he does all kinds of nerve surgery and they seem to think he would be a good doctor to establish with. So my plan is to go back in sept and try to get the block and the dr appointment close together.

I dont recall what the PT's touched in there but just about everything they pressed hurt. They both told me I needed a PN nerve block and that is what I thought I would get on my first visit to Dellon. I dont look forward to another block. First two days actually felt better but now its all flared up.

I also found out I would not be a candidate for the cyro of the pfcn since they cant use the mri since I now have a metal hip. That nerve is so close to the sciatic nerve that they need the mri. So wont be having the pfcn cyro.
Violet M

Re: PFCN block in Baltimore

Post by Violet M »

I know what you mean about being reticent to get a nerve block. Anything invasive makes you a little nervous. Good luck with it. I guess the waiting doesn't help either, right?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”