Prescription pain relief

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Belinda

Prescription pain relief

Post by Belinda »

Hi lovely people
I’ve recently been diagnosed with pudendal nerve problems of which my physio suggests I need a mri, in the meantime I have been prescribed amitriptyline 10mg, I’ve been taking it for around 3 weeks, they said a week to start taking effect.
It’s of no help, is there any pain relief that helps?
I’m struggling with work, walking the dog and everything I need to do daily. Any advice greatfully recieved
frigator

Re: Prescription pain relief

Post by frigator »

I would try to get a referral from your primary care doc to a pain center. This PN can be extremely painful. Try to get your pain under control first then seek out treatment was what I was told to do. .. Lyrica helps me....the amitrip dose you are taking is a small starting dose....increase to 25mg might help. Amitrip helps me with sleep and the Lyrica and pain meds help with the pain. Many people suggest trying a pelvic pt, but it did nothing for me, and in fact made me worse. Still, many have found relief from the pelvic PT and the therapist may know of local doctors who treat it or give nerve blocks.

Everything I did made it worse so I have stopped all excercises, pt, stretching, swimming etc and now just walk a mile or two in the morning. I got my PN from a hip replacement procedure....Ice is the savior for me....I use it everyday and sleep with it at night. I use these little blue 5x7 ice packs wrapped in a paper towel stuck between my butt cheeks. Keep reading about this PN and learn all you can about it. There is a special kind of MRI that can show the nerves also that many recommend. Best of luck and I hope you get better.
Belinda

Re: Prescription pain relief

Post by Belinda »

Thanks for your help and best of luck to you too

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”